Coming in 2023

Magnus Lidström17 948 views149 posts
Page 2 of 3
  • Wishy Wy

- NextDAW wrote:
    Can you also allow users to drag and drop .wav files directly onto the Genopatch panel (rather than having to use its internal file browser?) That would really help many users' workflows and productivity, so that users will be able to quickly drag audio files from our DAW's browser and other audio editors directly onto the Synplant2/Genopatch UI.

. <3

• Lukas Wagenhäuser

It was pretty „hard“ to „really read“ it (or maybe- for me - to understand was the right noun 🤔).

Edit: and my first appliance form has been eaten by the „save“ button 😭🥳🙂.

Btw: any idea if early or late q3?

• Joris de Man

Ah, I see:) Got it!

• Joris de Man

Btw, this looks amazing and pretty revolutionary. In a world of 'yet another component modelled synth', this looks insane for ease of use and quickly coming up with variations of sound. Can't wait!

• gentleclockdivider gentleclockdivider

I missed that one Important line :)

• Kc Taylor

Amazing News !!!! Can't wait !!!!

• nino beatz

Please bring this outstanding plugin to iOS 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

• CØRE

Looks amazing! What should I do to become a tester? I own all your plugins :)

• Vasilii Milovidov

the machine learning stuff is amazing!

YouTube Video
  • REeee

Can't wait to play with this; great overview video!

• AAV

Awesome video. Quite incredible! Genopatch neural learning. I didn't appreciate how much of Synplant 2's development path has crept its way into microtonic to help keep that product and its simpler architecture, relevant. Really groundbreaking stuff.

• REeee

Regarding the AI processing; will it be able to take advantage of multicore CPU?

• Tom Avatars

Hi! I applied a while back to the beta program but still have no answer. Do you still have opened beta seats? Thanks!

• NextDAW

I need this ... and I need it NOW! 😀

• andrew owsley

my body is ready

• CØRE

I also sent a message to collaborate as beta tester but nothing :(

• AAV

I’m sure there have been a large number of applicants for the beta program.

• Lukas Wagenhäuser

- AAV wrote:
    I’m sure there have been a large number of applicants for the beta program.

You can bet on that. I hope not too many came over the „Hurdles“ - even if this wish is totally unsportive. I hope to discover synplant2 very soonish

• kieran Klaassen

I would love to beta-test this one!

• Ilia Kurtov

I am awaiting my Expressive E Osmose coming soon. And MPE support would be absolutely amazing. Any plans on supporting it?

• Hans Laubreiter

MPE looks like being a natural part of this expressive synth engine...

• MAD

will it come with your personal sample library to send some stuff right in the box? im waiting for this synth to make presets lol

• Karschnackelwackel

Only discovered Synplant yesterday and directly bought it. Especially the features of the update are mind blowing and I can't wait for it! :D

• Devon Rose

Wow, the resynthesis capabilities are going to be a game changer. I was originally just going to buy Microtonic, but now I'll have to wait to get both :0)

• MAD

- Devon Rose wrote:
    Wow, the resynthesis capabilities are going to be a game changer. I was originally just going to buy Microtonic, but now I'll have to wait to get both :0)

get permut8 too, trust me with the added script its like 50 vst in 1

• Lukas Wagenhäuser

Hej Magnus & Fredrik (I Hope I got your name right), as I stated on YouTube I also had some „Sportsthoughts“ (while jogging through the hills around) about heating our house with computer hardware „crunshing numbers“. If you have any notes or DIY Scripts, maybe you want to share them with us? It gets more and more interesting to discover new ways to multi-use energy.

• Karschnackelwackel

I can feel it's near.

• eXceptionCodeInfinity

please i cant wait no longer 😂

• John Wagner

Never been this stoked for a new piece of software. Can't wait to try it out!

• Jaydot

I have been checking this website Everyday .LOL
    I have never been this excited about a synth before.
    TBVH its easily going to replace alot of synths i use .
    Its already my Main go to synth ! lol
    Like its just amazing the capabilities are from what we only saw.

• Jaydot

im getting microtonic too.
    and echobode
    and permute

• Garey Kennebrew

So very excited for this new approach to sound design!

• Adam Jabłoński

The release must be coming shortly, right? September is the last month in Q3, shouldn't be much longer, right?

• Jaydot

- Adam Jabłoński wrote:
    The release must be coming shortly, right? September is the last month in Q3, shouldn't be much longer, right?

i hope soo! lol :) Online on youtube i saw information that it is anticipated to be released in Q3 2023. so hopefully

• Stathis

- NextDAW wrote:
    Can you also allow users to drag and drop .wav files directly onto the Genopatch panel (rather than having to use its internal file browser?) That would really help many users' workflows and productivity, so that users will be able to quickly drag audio files from our DAW's browser and other audio editors directly onto the Synplant2/Genopatch UI.

If you are on macOS, you should be able to drag a file into the file browser window that is opened by Genotype, and it will jump to that file's location. Works with pretty much any "choose file" window across macOS.

• Stathis

The Synplant 2 price will be higher than Synplant 1, but the final price has not been decided yet. If you own Synplant 1, you only need to pay the price difference to upgrade.

This is great to hear.

Any idea if this would also apply to getting the whole complete bundle? I'm trying to decide whether to get the complete bundle now and then upgrade to Synplant 2 upon release, or if I should just wait until release date to buy everything.

• Gabriel Gaminde

Can you give us a little update? This plugin is a game changer. I am into experiementation and I can't wait test it with samples that are not possible to mimic with the synth engine so I get an Uncanny Valley sound effect :-). Something that king of sounds like the source bit it doesn't.

• Andy Music

It will be very calming just to know what's happening now and why it hasn't been released yet. I love your ideas and can't help myself checking forum everyday.

• Akod

- Andy Music wrote:
    It will be very calming just to know what's happening now and why it hasn't been released yet.

There were mentions of Synplant 2.0 development in the early 2010's. People already couldn't wait... I think it's fair to say, more than 10 years later, that there must have been a few speed bumps on the road... and that their most prominent skill probably is something else than project time management!

I would bet that the end result will be fairly interesting. Worth such a wait though? There must be a better way.

• Magnus Lidström

Q3 isn't over yet guys. 😉

I know we are in the 11th hour, but we do work long days (and some nights too) to tighten the last screw for this big release.

Needless to say, the Synplant 2 that we will release now is something completely different from the Synplant 2 we worked on 10 years ago.

• Andy Music

Thank you Magnus! Appreciate your reply ❤️

• Bru Franco

💓💓💓💓✅

• Jeff Fressco

Going strong! Keep up the good work! Cant wait! :)

• Akod

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    we do work long days (and some nights too) to tighten the last screw for this big release.

Thanks for the update.

I say this without the least bit of aggression, and I'm fairly certain that you must already be thinking somewhere along the same line, but I'll bet you realize by now that you're driving yourselves nuts in large part because this has bit by bit become a 10 and some years project. The stress must be something...

So, there are fads and silly trends in software development, and I'm myself more of a "Release when it's ready" proponent but, man, 10 years... Release early, release often suddenly as some good arguments for itself.

And for Sonic Charge (this is the the bit you maybe actually need to be told) one argument for more frequent releases is that I'm sure I'm not alone in that I would gladly pay for those incremental updates... There are limits, but, again, 10 years...

As it stands, I'm anticipating that I'll be blown away by the AI, pleased with the features people most often asked for, and... frustrated over something or other. That there will be no morphing for example (an "obvious(?)" next step between two AI output), or something else that will become a years long wait.

Just saying...

Needless to say, the Synplant 2 that we will release now is something completely different from the Synplant 2 we worked on 10 years ago.

I don't want to be snarky but, you do realize no one would expect anything less? There are little people that were born and learnt to speak,write and count and all kinds of other things in that time... Some of them already make some music... ;-)

Just release the damn thing. There will be bugs anyway. And after a little while to squash them out, we will love our new instrument all the same. At least, I know I will.

• Andrew Richards

I say this without the least bit of aggression, and I'm fairly certain that you must already be thinking somewhere along the same line, but I'll bet you realize by now that you're driving yourselves nuts in large part because this has bit by bit become a 10 and some years project. The stress must be something...

They did lots of other stuff in those 10 years that weren't Synplant…

So, there are fads and silly trends in software development, and I'm myself more of a "Release when it's ready" proponent but, man, 10 years... Release early, release often suddenly as some good arguments for itself.

Personally, I'd rather wait to have a tool that's reliable and solid and will last a long time, instead of something that changes repeatedly over time. I've had Synplant 1 since it was released and it still works fine. I'll wait however long it takes for a sequel, and I'd rather have a good sequel than one that isn't finished.

Just release the damn thing. There will be bugs anyway. And after a little while to squash them out, we will love our new instrument all the same. At least, I know I will.

When I try a plugin and it's buggy right away, I delete it and never try it again, and also mentally flag the developer as not competent. All of the Sonic Charge plugins are reliable, and have good backwards compatibility, and gaining this trust is difficult and valuable.

• ou818

Looking forward to SP2, looks like a game changer. Thank you for all the hard work.

• Akod

- Andrew Richards wrote:
    They did lots of other stuff in those 10 years that weren't Synplant…

Sure! It's been more than 10 years! It's somewhat baffling that you think I need to be told that, but in fact I'm not sure what you're objecting to.

Personally, I'd rather wait to have a tool that's reliable and solid and will last a long time, instead of something that changes repeatedly over time.

These are desirable traits but it's not an either one or the other. Software will "last" as long as its execution environment still exist and has not changed too much. And we know how that goes.

And software is meant to change. That's why it's not hardware. That some changes are waste of time, that, I can agree with.

I've had Synplant 1 since it was released and it still works fine.

And yet, a few intermediate releases were needed for that through the years (Change history at the end of the manual).

Changes that are not changes, but fixes. Or changes that are useful. Yet, we could use it before the fixes, and use it longer thanks to the fixes. Should they have waited up to 2022 to have all the fixes in?

I'll wait however long it takes for a sequel, and I'd rather have a good sequel than one that isn't finished.

How would you define "finished"? That's the question. A tricky one.

When I try a plugin and it's buggy right away, I delete it and never try it again, and also mentally flag the developer as not competent.

It all depends of what you call buggy. If you meant, "having bugs", I don't believe you, because no complex software is bug free, that's just a fact.

What is desirable is a plugin that can be used as hassle free as possible, doesn't break the creativity flow, has as few bugs as possible, doesn't end in crashes or corrupt projects. That's already a tall order.

Competent? Sonic Charge has vaulted far above this bar a long time ago. It's not even technical expertise either, it's a unique talent that they have demonstrated.

All of the Sonic Charge plugins are reliable,

Yet they have bugs. That are fixed. That's what is needed and where there can be quality.

and have good backwards compatibility,

Very desirable, just as much as innovation.

and gaining this trust is difficult and valuable.

Yep. You need quality. Maybe quality is not a 10 year gap process? ;-)

• AAV

Not for us to decide. When it's released, will we buy, or not is ultimately the only thing that we as customers control. (I'm in!)

• Akod

- AAV wrote:
    Not for us to decide.

I'm not confused about that. It doesn't preclude Joe Random user on the internet of opening a feedback channel telling how things could be better in their view, with all due respect. No entitlement, nothing owed, no patronizing.

When it's released, will we buy, or not is ultimately the only thing that we as customers control.

This is why...

• NewLoops.com (Download Synplant 2 Pro Expansion Demo!)

- gentleclockdivider gentleclockdivider wrote:
    So I assume beta testing is closed ?

I also can't get past this?

• Maxim Kashtanov

Oh it's a long wait, 3 hours to go....

I wonder if we'll see Synplant 2 today, or if it'll all carry over to NY2024.

• Andrew Richards

Just let them work. They are already under a lot of pressure from themselves. There is nothing life-threatening happening here for us users. Let them take longer if they want to. Nothing bad will happen to us. I will pick it up when they think it's ready.

• Magnus Lidström

Sorry for missing the deadline of Q3. We tried really hard to make it, but I ran into some unexpected struggles this past month, both work-wise and personally. But the good news is that we just uploaded a release candidate for our beta testers. It seems stable, so you will not have to wait long now!

• mikers

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    Sorry for missing the deadline of Q3. We tried really hard to make it, but I ran into some unexpected struggles this past month, both work-wise and personally. But the good news is that we just uploaded a release candidate for our beta testers. It seems stable, so you will not have to wait long now!

It is what it is - life happens to everybody.
    Don't stress.

• Andy Music

Thank you for informing us!

• Jaydot

is beta testing open?
    How can a person be able to join the beta testing ?
    At the moment i dont have a license but if
    beta testing is open and i have to get a license i would
    asap!
    But let me know what i must do :)

• Akod

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    Sorry for missing the deadline of Q3.

Don't worry about it. It's the other way around: September 30th was like any other day. The day Synplant 2 will be released, now, that will be a special day! ;-)

We tried really hard to make it,

And it shows. The work, the care, the creativity... One can see. It's what matters and is appreciated.

I ran into some unexpected struggles this past month, both work-wise and personally.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" said some dude. ;-)

you will not have to wait long now!

Thanks for the update.

(Now, what about a wee break, maybe, before the big day?)

• Tomasz Gorzelak

I'm so excited that I couldn't resist and bought Synplant 1. It's hard to keep your nerves under control when something like this is on the horizon :)

• gary westwood

As a beta tester, I have no qualms assuring anyone that loves Synplant 1 (which I also beta'd), that the wait will be well worth it. As a sound editor/designer/explorer for six decades, Synplant 2 is a perpetual grin machine. Serendipity abounds!

• MFGH0$T

- gary westwood wrote:
    As a beta tester, I have no qualms assuring anyone that loves Synplant 1 (which I also beta'd), that the wait will be well worth it. As a sound editor/designer/explorer for six decades, Synplant 2 is a perpetual grin machine. Serendipity abounds!

Love it!!

Page 2 of 3

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.