Patternarium patterns sound different

anonymous3 657 views8 posts
  • anonymous

How do I get the Patternarium beats to reside in Micro Tonic as presets after I copy and paste them?

• Fredrik Lidström

- Obiwan wrote:
    How do I get the Patternarium beats to reside in Micro Tonic as presets after I copy and paste them?

Hi there,

When you copy something from Patternarium and choose to "paste preset" in MicroTonic, everything should be saved with your song in your host. I am not completely sure what you mean by "reside in MicroTonic" and why it wouldn't once you pasted it?

If you want to save the preset, you can either just "save preset" after you have pasted it, or save the preset directly from Patternarium with the save button. Please note that presets from Patternarium are saved as .mtpreset files which should be used with MicroTonic v3.0 or later.

• Double Jay

When I copy and paste into Microtonic the preset doesnt sound the same.... But its definitely pasting some sorta pattern just not the exact sounds as from planitarium

• Fredrik Lidström

That sounds very strange to me. The only thing not copied is the tempo, since that is controlled by the host. Do you maybe have any effects or anything chained in the host after MicroTonic that might change the output?

I'd like to know the name of the preset in Patternarium that you copied. I would also appreciate if you saved and uploaded the preset in an attachment in this thread. Then I can take a look at the data.

• Nuno Lisboa

I have the same problem, whenever I open a .mtpreset file in Microtonic it plays something that has nothing to do with what I heard in Patternarium

• Magnus Lidström

Strange. Could you please provide one of your .mtpreset files that you have downloaded from Patternarium as an example? (Either attach the file here directly or use Dropbox or equivalent.)

• Nuno Lisboa

yes, here it is

https://www.sendspace.com/file/lnr8mo

• Magnus Lidström

Sounds the same to me. See video.

Osmophy Prostoto Comparison.mp4(3.5MB, 754 downloads)

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.