Beef up Microtonic

anonymous5 145 views13 posts
  • anonymous

Hi
    I'm just interested in what people add on their multi-output channels in order to beef up the wonderful sounds of Microtonic ?
    Compressors. Overdrives , Camel Phats etc. I'd just like to BIG Funk it all up.
    Thanks
    I ADORE Microtonic, it's a slick and magical fun-giver.

• Meffy Ellis

- skywards wrote:
    Camel Phats

CamelPhat works great for this; must try it on µTonic. Also Sonar's built-in "Pro Channel" saturation and compression.

• Dennis Harms

FerricTDS is nice for this purpose too!

Cheers
    Dennis

• Harpal Kallah

Thanks for the tips.

I have gotten used to Addictive Drums, Battery 3 and Logic's Ultrabeat.
    I'm just mastering Microtonic now.
    It is a truly great spatial 'instrument' of it's own. And it's FUN !
    I suppose saturation, compression and distortions etc apply everywhere.

Cheers

• Magnus Lidström

I am very partial cause all these developers are close friends, but I like CamelPhat, Cytomic the Glue and most recently The Sausage Fattener (by Dada Life and Wallander Instruments). The last one sounds pretty digital and nasty, but it does add a lot of edge and punch. It's cool and cheap. CamelPhat is more grungy. The Glue is the perfect compressor to my ears. I use it all the time.

• John Johnson

I'm using PSP Micro Warmer on every output of MicroTonic 3. With right settings it subtly beef up the nice sounds of MicroTonic 3.

• nic

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    I am very partial cause all these developers are close friends, but I like CamelPhat, Cytomic the Glue and most recently The Sausage Fattener (by Dada Life and Wallander Instruments). The last one sounds pretty digital and nasty, but it does add a lot of edge and punch. It's cool and cheap. CamelPhat is more grungy. The Glue is the perfect compressor to my ears. I use it all the time.

I totally agree each word!
    And I personally find U-He Uhbik fx in general (and the Reverb in particular) very "Tonic-Compatible"!

• Dennis Harms

I recently purchased Roundtone. It works really well with Microtonic :)

Cheers
    Dennis

• Magnus Lidström

- Bronto Scorpio wrote:
    I recently purchased Roundtone. It works really well with Microtonic :)

Interesting. New one to me. Feel like doing a quick demo mp3?

• Dennis Harms

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    Interesting. New one to me. Feel like doing a quick demo mp3?

Sadly I'm not in the "studio" at the moment but I'll record a quick demo later!

Cheers
    Dennis

• Dave

the D16 silverline fx plugins from the recent group buy go rather well with microtonic

• Tits Willy

Cubase's bitcrusher gets a lot of use here.
    And every now and then I route some tracks through a bunch of guitar stompboxes (including an 'analog' delay, pitchshifter, tremolo and distrotion/fuzz pedal).
    Love the Variety of Sound stuff also.

• nanotron

FLs Maximus on Kick & Snare and/or FL Limiter for sidechaining other intstruments. A little phaser on HiHats (most of the time the osc-modulation does it too). And NI's Deep Reconstruction for getting wild and organic on toms and percussion.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.