Run Tutorial constantly resetting

sameloop528 views11 posts
  • sameloop

Hi. Weird problem here - every time I open a new instance of Permut8, the tutorial bubbles pop up. I un-tick 'run tutorial' and it (obviously) goes away. However, even when I close the plugin window (not remove the plugin) and open it again, the tutorial pops up again, meaning I have to untick. Rinse and repeat.

This occurs in Ableton Live 9 (latest version) and Cubase 8.5 (latest).

It's driving me as insane as the noises Permut8 makes.

Any ideas? Thanks.

• Fredrik Lidström

Hey, sounds like Permut8 is not able to save its preferences. Are you on Mac or Windows?

On Windows the preferences are saved in registry, so for some reason you do not have access rights to save to registry. Are you running with a restricted user account?

On Mac it is saved in the users preferences folder and could be a sign that the access rights in your home folder is invalid. Try running Apple Disk Utilities and check / repair rights.

• sameloop

Hi. Thanks for getting back.

No, I'm running a full admin rights account (Windows 7 64)and have experienced no problems with anything else in that respect, so that's why it's a bit strange!

By the way, I have no qualms about editing the registry, if that's required, but it does seem like something that shouldn't need it...

• Magnus Lidström

Never heard of this problem before, but I agree with Fredrik, it seems to be related to saving preferences. I suppose it could also be that the preference data is damaged somehow. Unfortunately it wouldn't be very easy to determine as our preferences are stored in an encrypted block of data.

Could you please check this path for us: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NuEdge Development\SonicCharge ?

Which keys do you see there? Also, if you choose "Edit Permissions" (from the edit menu), does it look like you have normal permissions?

• sameloop

Hi. Yes, I have full control as Admin. Like I say, I have no other issues with writing to/altering
    Sonic Charge Regkey.zip(86.6kB, 1084 downloads)
    the registry. I have attached the reg key you specified so you can have a look if you need to. Thanks for your help so far.

• Dave

im having this problem too on a windows 8.1 pc

• Magnus Lidström

Dave: with Permut8 too? Only Permut8?

• Dave

Yep just permut8 by the looks of it

• Magnus Lidström

I never did get to the bottom of this as I haven't been able to reproduce it. If you have some of our other plug-ins, e.g. Microtonic or Synplant, do they recall the last used patch when you quit and restart your DAW (and insert a brand new instance of the plug-in)?

I am trying to figure out if it is a general problem with writing preferences to the registry or a bug in Permut8 specifically.

• Dave

yes both synplant and microtonic recall their last patches after quitting and restarting live

• Dave

well it must have been a live 9 thing

doesn't happen in the live 10 beta at all

happy days ;)

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.