Synplant Issue (Volume & Pitch go down overtime)

Pedro Fidalgo2 261 views10 posts
  • Pedro Fidalgo

Recently Synplant has not been working correctly. Every time I play a note, no matter what patch I´m using, the pitch and the volume go down instantly and after playing that one note, if I play another one nothing will happen. If I change patch it will "restart": I play one note but no matter what sound it makes, it will rapidly fall in pitch and volume.
    The plugin will register the MIDI note but no sound will come out because it went to zero for some reason. I tried messing with all the DNA settings but it doesn´t seem to be that. I also tried reseting every aspect and even reinstalling but the problem is still there.
    Any advice on what the problem might be?

• Magnus Lidström

Hi! I've heard of this problem from a couple of different users now, but I've never managed to get to the bottom of it. It has been very difficult to reproduce.

I would deeply appreciate if you could zip up your copy of Synplant vst. You should find it under /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Sonic Charge on Mac and usually something like Program Files/VstPlugins on Windows (but that depends on where you choose to install it).

Next, send this zip as an attachment to support@soniccharge.com and I'll start by looking at it. Thanks a lot in advance.

• Sheik Yerbouti

any news if this problem could be reproduced/solved?

• Magnus Lidström

- Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
    any news if this problem could be reproduced/solved?

No. Sorry. I never heard back from Pedro. If you are suffering from the same problem I would be happy to take a look at your vst instead. (Follow the instructions in my previous post here.)

• Benedict Rhodes

Any word on this issue yet/do you want me to send my zipped version? Mine does it intermittently, but it happens to all versions of Synplant I'm running in every project. It also restarts again seemingly at random.

• Magnus Lidström

Yes, Benedict, please do send me that zip cause I never heard back from Sheik or Pedro, and I have no clue how Synplant could be doing so except if there is something broken in the actual binary data / resources for some obscure reason.

What exactly do you mean with "restart" btw? Branches pop back up and sound goes normal again or what?

• Benedict Rhodes

Here's the zip.

Nothing changes with the branches or any of the DNA or volume or anything, but when you change patch and play a note, it plays a sound, then both volume and pitch drop and then nothing played after that works. It then sometimes just decides to start working again, but I've had it randomly occur (both stopping and starting) maybe 5-6 times since I've had Synplant. It happened when I had the demo once as well.
    Let me know if you want any screenshots or anything else from my end.
    Synplant.rar (**admin removed attachment**)

• Benedict Rhodes

I just re-installed it twice off two different downloads (the most recent one off this site, and my previous installer), and the previous installer version just started working again, but the newer one had the same issue as before.

• Fredrik Lidström

I removed the attachment you uploaded because it contains a bad Synplant 1.0 crack.

If you are still having problems

1. Make sure you uninstall Synplant completely.
    2. Search your drive for Synplant.dll and SynplantVST.dll as well and remove them.
    3. Now start your host to verify that you do not have any Synplant showing up anymore.
    4. Remove any installers you have in your download folder.
    5. Stop downloading cracks of our products.
    6. Download the latest installer from our site.
    7. During installation make sure you select the correct version 32-bit / 64-bit.
    8. Start your host and verify that it says version 1.2.2 inside the Synplant about box.
  • Benedict Rhodes

Oh, sorry. I genuinely didn't realise it was a crack. I bought the legitimate version a good while ago and thought I'd always been using it.
    I've removed and re-downloaded everything and it seems to be working for now. If it comes up again, I'll post in here, but thanks for the fix, a mistake on my part it seems.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.