Install Sonic Charge plugs minus presets

Ayea Aeya211 views4 posts
  • Ayea Aeya

Can I install Sonic Charge plugs minus the presets? I know the Windows installer allows me to install the documents/presets/uninstaller/etc. to a different place to the DLL, so I can just install them to a USB pen so the presets do not show up in the plug-in. Does this cause any issues later on for updates or such? U-he plug-ins let the user uncheck the presets during the install. Is there any chance the Sonic Charge programmers might implement this?

• Fredrik Lidström

Since our presets are very small (Microtonic is the biggest at 4.5MB) we did not make preset installation optional. If you wish to only have the DLL on a USB pen, then as you mention, just let the documents and presets install on your normal C: drive on your system. When upgrading, plug the USB into the same system again and run the installer.

You can also remove the presets folder after installation, it will not harm the installation.The presets will be installed when you upgrade, so you would need to remove them again.

• Ayea Aeya

Thank you, Fredrik. If I install the docs/presets to the USB pen & the DLL to the C: drive, does the same happen to the docs/presets included in the updates? Do I go through an install wizard for the updates? I know I can just remove the docs/presets from the C: drive, but I’d prefer to not install them on there in the first place if I can help it.

• Fredrik Lidström

Yes, the updates are "new installs" with the full install wizard. It will remember and default to the last path you installed in, but you can change it if you want to.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.