Echobode released as VST and Audio Unit

Magnus Lidström1 400 views23 posts
  • Magnus Lidström

Today we are happy to announce the first VST and Audio Unit version of Echobode. Originally released in 2012 as a Rack Extension for Reason only, it instantly became a favorite effect within the Reason community. The following year a mutation of this device also appeared in Teenage Engineering's OP-1 synthesizer under the name of CWO. Now VST and Audio Unit users can also enjoy this unique mixture of frequency shifting and modulated delay.

We also took this opportunity to improve on the design and add some exciting new features like a "smear" section for spacey reverb-like sounds and plenty of new modulation possibilities. As usual with Sonic Charge products Echobode hides an immensely deep and versatile sound engine beneath a deceptively simple user interface. It would be a strenuous task to describe every type of audio effect this box can produce, so we won't. Instead we have put together a video that demonstrates some of Echobode's sonic abilities:

YouTube Video

The price of Echobode is $44 (+ VAT) but if you already own one or several Sonic Charge products you will receive an email with a 25% discount code that will work until the last of May. (If you own one of our Rack Extensions, please contact us for a discount.) Echobode is now also included in our complete Sonic Charge bundle and the price for the bundle has been increased accordingly to $255 (+ VAT).

We have also uploaded a minor update to Synplant (v1.2.2) which corrects a couple of user interface bugs.

You can download Echobode and Synplant either separately or as part of the latest "multi-installer". You are entitled to run it for three weeks with full functionality until you need to purchase and register.

I hope you will enjoy the latest addition to our suite of plug-ins!

/ Magnus

• Dave

super great handy plugin
    sounds amazing awesome

new forum is really slick too

great work !!!

• Greg Killmaster

This is exciting! can't wait to check it out! However, the diskimage is not loadable for me. I get this error message:

t.png
  • Fredrik Lidström

- Greg Killmaster wrote:
    This is exciting! can't wait to check it out! However, the diskimage is not loadable for me. I get this error message:

Odd one. What browser are you using? Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Could you do a "Get Info" in finder on that .dmg file and tell me the exact size you have. It should be 42157747. I'll poke around and see if I can find anything odd with the cache server (cdn). My suggestions meanwhile is clearing the cache and retrying / trying a different browser.

• SIC

Sounds fantastic,great work! Just going through the presets and they are all great but I love infiniverb... A question: If you own the bundle does it automatically get added?
    I will be purchasing it anyway just thought I would ask beforehand.

• Fredrik Lidström

- jethrobull wrote:
    Sounds fantastic,great work! Just going through the presets and they are all great but I love infiniverb... A question: If you own the bundle does it automatically get added?

No sorry, since we do free upgrades, giving away new products as well would make it very hard for us to keep going. =)

We do however offer a discount of 25% if you already own at least one product. Our email server is currently busy sending out details to all customers. If you do not get it within the next couple of hours, check the spam folder as well and contact me if it is no where to be found.

• SIC

Good Stuff! Thanks for the quick reply. :)

• Neil Mitchell-Goodson

Got the email with coupon code. Fastspring gave me some weird message about "unexpected stages" and "coupon updates not being allowed", making me think the process hadn't completed...but it had. Got a confirmation email ok, but the process could have been clearer.

• nkf

I cannot find where to fill in the discount code and the EU VAT ID I have (Germany). Please advice.
    Tried it a second time … no coupon or VAT ID fields during the Fastspring process, goes straight thru to PayPal with the regular price and VAT. :-(

• Fredrik Lidström

I know... The FastSpring sequence is totally backwards for Paypal orders. You first confirm your paypal information and then you get thrown back to the shop to continue. I'm going to ask them again why it's like that.

https://support.fastspring.com/entries/25467945-Customers-using-Coupons-with-PayPal-Orders

You should find the VAT field on the same page as the coupon field. In other words, at the last step, after you logged on to Paypal and clicked Continue

• AB459

Oh my, many thanks for new fx ! Liked the video. Necessarily to buy.

• nkf

Thank you very much, Fredrik, your advice worked perfectly. And allow this remark: not only your support is outstanding - your products are too! IMO your plug ins are simply some of the very best -> made for creative minds.

• Paul Mabbott

I bought this Echobode plugin this morning and after playing with it for an hour or so I think it's great.
    But one thing, and it might just be me being stupid, can it be automated?

I can't work out a way <<< dunderhead :)

• Magnus Lidström

- Paul Mabb wrote:
    But one thing, and it might just be me being stupid, can it be automated?
    I can't work out a way <<< dunderhead :)

Yes, you should be able to automate all knobs and switches without any problems. Which DAW?

• Paul Mabbott

PreSonus Studio one.

I tried right click on all controls but only got two options.
    1) Enter exact value
    or
    2) Reset to default.

Sorry, I've not had more time to look at it but your help would be appreciated anyway :)

• Magnus Lidström

I am no Studio One pro, but I have recorded a short video on how I managed to automate parameters in Echobode. (If anyone knows of any quicker way, let us know.)

2015-04-28 16h54_45.mp4
  • Paul Mabbott

Ah cheers Magnus, that works.

• Rüdiger Kuhn

Great sounding plugIn!!
    But a MIDI-learn-function would be a nice update.
    I'm working with an old Cubase SX and can help myself with the workaround generic control (I think that it is so called in English).

WKR
    Rüdiger

• Magnus Lidström

- Rüdiger Kuhn wrote:
    Great sounding plugIn!!
    But a MIDI-learn-function would be a nice update.

Thanks for the feedback. MIDI-learn is on my to-do list. I built a high-level plug-in framework last year (on top of my lower-level framework :) ) that we now use for Bitspeek, Echobode and in part for Permut8. Adding MIDI mapping to this framework makes good sense now since it would then be available for all these products.

• Mr Spanish

Would it be possible to have the possibility to modulate two sections at a time in a future update ?

• e@rs

Bought it today. Gorgeous product!

Every time I see that LFO needle window I dream about a Sonic Charge mad compressor. Would you consider it?

• Infinite5ths

I don't think I ever got the email with the discount code. How can I have that email re-sent?

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.