uTonic Ableton Push max for live would it be possible?

spikey583 views3 posts
  • spikey

I've been using this maxforlive device http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/2263/sonic-charge-microtonic-drum-rack-for-push

as it provides a great interface for this drum machine and really makes it feel liek an instrument. I'm thinking out aloud here and wondering if it's possible to somehow produce led feedback on push to represent the uTonic sequencer. Would love something like this!

• spikey

So the real question now I've had a bit more time to think on this is; I have a midi implementation chart for the pattern sequencer so can in theory input notes from anotyer grid controller like push but not sure how the led feed if I want true bi directional feedback would work. I suppose that if mirotonic is sending out data on button presses in the ui max can pick these up and output in kind. This is exciting to think about!

• Neil Mitchell-Goodson

Push is 8x8, the sequencer is 16x8 - you'll only ever see half of the sequencer at a time on Push. Otherwise, sounds totally possible if you have the chops.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.