Script/Feature Request for re-assigning sounds to channels

Jeremy Coubrough403 views6 posts
  • Jeremy Coubrough

Hi,

I would love it if there was a way of easily re-assigning the sounds in each of the 8 slots.

Not replacing them with sounds from other patches, but just changing the order, so you snare drum might now play the hi-hat rhythm, and your bass drum might play the snare drum rhythm, etc.

(1=>6, 4=>2, 6=>7 etc)

I have found ways of doing this by changing the midi channels, but it's very laborious and messy to automate.

I have also searched for midi-channel matrix plugins, but with no success.

I know I shouldn't say this as a non-coder, but I expect it's a fairly simple thing to make as a script? :rolleyes:

Any help or suggestions are very welcome.

I should add, that I'm not using Microtonic's internal sequencer.

Thanks.

• Ariel Gilboa

I would like that very much, too !

• Magnus Lidström

This should definitely be possible with a script. But please tell me, do you want to shuffle the channels randomly or do you want to specify an exact order?

(One could accommodate both actually. Give the user a dialog with the new order and have it randomized by default.)

• Jeremy Coubrough

Cool, thanks for getting back.

Well, both would be great :)

But I'm happy with either option also!

• Magnus Lidström

Btw, do you know it is possible to drag the channels in the matrix editor (the one you open with the little ^ button on the right-hand side). Once there, click and drag the channel numbers to the right. It does however also move pattern notes, but since you are not using the built-in pattern engine, perhaps this is sufficient for your needs?

• Jeremy Coubrough

Sorry for the late reply,

No, I didn't know that (although I suspected there was a clever workaround somewhere :)

It's a little confusing, but it works.

I could get by with this, but a script would be nice if there's any time at some point.

Thanks!

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.