How many new version updates\upgrades does purchasing a product entitle me to?

Richard Cooke154 views2 posts
  • Richard Cooke

How many new version updates\upgrades does purchasing a product entitle me to? Hopefully lifetime?

Where is the license agreement or explanation shown of what I'm buying on the Buy page and what I'm allowed to do with it? I can't see anything.

• Fredrik Lidström

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. License text is actually not on the site anymore but in each product demo installer. I will take a look at this and see if we can be more clear on the issue.

Our software comes with a non-transferable dual-purpose license where it can either be used by an individual on any number of computers that you own, OR by any number of people on a single computer (like a studio computer).

All minor upgrades are free of charge. We do not promise free major upgrades as we feel that such promises usually do not mean much for the customer. Either it could hinder us from implementing features that would cost too much to develop or it could force us into making a new product instead of upgrading an existing one. By deciding this from upgrade to upgrade, we have much more freedom of making the best we can of the products. We try our best to reward our loyal customers. We have so far not charged for any upgrade and historically only increased the price of our products as new features are added. People that bought Microtonic v1 for 69 usd back in 2003 can today run v3.1. We have also promised that Synplant 2 will be a free upgrade to all Synplant owners, regardless of if you buy it today or years ago.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.