Synplant no sound logic x

Pim van Horssen976 views9 posts
  • Pim van Horssen

I'm using the latest version of synplant on my macbook pro retina running the latest version of logic.

For some reason I can't get any sound out of synplant anymore.

It runs as usual, i can browse presets and everything looks in order

But when im playing either the midi keyboard, writing in the piano roll, or just simply clicking in the syntplant window I can't get any sound out of it.

It used to work just fine, but for some reason it stopped working...

I have tried reinstalling without any luck

• Magnus Lidström

Sorry for the late reply. Do you still suffer from this problem? If so, have you had the possibility to try a different host (e.g. the free VSTLord http://arne.knup.de/?page_id=32) just to eliminate the possibility that it is a Logic setting causing the problem.

Does it look like Synplant tries to generate audio when you play MIDI? E.g. do the branches sway etc? Or is there simply no response at all?

• Elliot Davies

I seem to be having the same problem, I can click on the key buttons inside of Synplant and it will play but external midi in my arrangement or from a controller doesn't register at all. I've tried other synths and they work fine.

Ideas?

• Magnus Lidström

- Elliot Davies wrote:
    I seem to be having the same problem, I can click on the key buttons inside of Synplant and it will play but external midi in my arrangement or from a controller doesn't register at all. I've tried other synths and they work fine.

Ideas?

But you are saying the GUI buttons do work. In this case I would suggest first checking "MIDI Config..." to see that the MIDI receive channel is set to "any".

• Elliot Davies

Yeah, it's odd. It's not a Logic setting though, any other synth works perfectly fine in its place.

But Synplant does not receive midi from any external means. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no Joy.

Any ideas? :)

Elliot

• Magnus Lidström

Did you already check that Synplant is indeed receiving MIDI on any channel? As in this picture:

Screen Shot 2014-11-03 at 13.46.16.png
  • Elliot Davies

That fixed it, thanks! Rather strange that it would default to that.

• Magnus Lidström

- Elliot Davies wrote:
    That fixed it, thanks! Rather strange that it would default to that.

Glad it worked. But yes I agree, very strange. Which channel was it set to?

• Elliot Davies

16 interestingly.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.