pattern selection via midi controller

Paolo Gozzetti940 views5 posts
  • Paolo Gozzetti

Hi there, first post in this forum!

I am an oldtime Microtonic user and I can't say enough good things about this incredible machine!

I have a question:

is there a way to assign each pattern to a midi controller? I am using Ableton Live and patterns don't show up when I try to midi learn Microtonic to my midi controller. This is crucial for my live workflow.

Thnxx!

• Neil Mitchell-Goodson

In Live in the device section, click the triangle to expand the device browser to show the midi config section; click Configure, then click on the Microtonic Pattern Selector. This should map the pattern selector to a slider, which you can then map to a macro knob or midi controller as desired.

Not sure if it's default or not, but you might need to select "Enable MIDI Program Change" in the Microtonic MIDI config dialog.

HTH

NMG

• Paolo Gozzetti

Thanks for your reply. It actually works, and I already tried this. But my aim is to push a button per pattern. By mapping the pattern selector to a slider or knob, I would only switch among patterns, but I wouldn't have the chance to "point" a specific pattern.

My goal is to assign every pattern to a specific button.

• Neil Mitchell-Goodson

The pattern selector is triggered by midi notes it seems - you set the lowest note (defaults to C3) and the next 12 up will switch to the other patterns. You just need to map your controller to midi notes - just tried with TouchOsc and it works a treat.

HTH

NMG

• Paolo Gozzetti

Uh that's really interesting! I'll check it out. Thank you very much!

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.