Authenticator Question Regarding to Windows 8.1 update

00.1352 views2 posts

I updated to Windows 8.1 a couple of days ago, then wanted to use my Soniccharge Vst's only to find out that I have to authorize all of them again. No problem except Microtonic..

"You have authorized 2 computers

Please make sure to comply to the terms of the End User License Agreement for the products you are authorizing. Failure to comply may result in the termination of your license."

I did have Microtonic on an older laptop, I don't remember unregistering it due to an unexpected battery issue. I still have the laptop. I don't want my license terminated due to something I'm not fully aware of.

Is there anything I can do to fix this ?

• Fredrik Lidström

Hi,

Under some circumstances an hardware, software upgrade or reinstallation will count as a new computer. If you are not using Microtonic in a shared studio environment there is no need to worry. You are allowed to use it on any number of computers that you own. Because of this there is no hard limit on the counter. We only count and show the number of installations for you to detect if your registration has been stolen and for our system to monitor and recognize situations that could be violations of our terms, like a shared or spread license.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.