Synplant version 1.2 and Crapre

Magnus Lidström3 610 views9 posts
  • Magnus Lidström

As many of you are painfully aware of, Synplant, our organic synthesizer, is in desperate need of an update. It is our only product that is still 32-bit only, and the last update was almost five years ago. Perhaps you have heard that we are working on a version 2.0 and have been doing so for quite some time now? If so I have some good news and some bad news for you.

The bad news is that Synplant 2.0 is still not ready. I must admit that we have failed in foreseeing just how difficult some of planned features have been to get right, not just technically, but also philosophically and esthetically. There isn't anything else like Synplant out there and that raises so many questions without answers for every single decision that we have to make.

The good news is that we are releasing a smaller upgrade today: Synplant version 1.2. We decided that we could not not let you wait any longer for 64-bit compatibility so we took a lot of the new code from Synplant 2.0 and "merged" it back into 1.0. Version 1.2 looks, sounds and behaves virtually identical to 1.0, although under the hood it uses our latest framework and libraries. Apart from 64-bit compatibility and general performance improvements that come the new libraries, Synplant 1.2 also supports Authenticator for simpler registration.

Synplant 1.2 fully replaces Synplant 1.0, and if you are not using a PowerPC Mac (which is no longer supported) or an older version of OS X than 10.6, I see no reason why you should not upgrade. On PC, we still support Windows XP and up. We have also updated the existing patch package installers.

Download the update(s) from http://soniccharge.com/download

In other news, yesterday (April 1st) saw the launch of a new Rack Extension for Reason that I co-developed with PEFF and Bitplant. It is a Cassette Recorder Audio Processor Rack Extension (CRAPRE for short) and it makes such dirty noises you will need protective gloves to handle it. A lot of people thought it was an April Fools joke and that it was not for real, but it is, which in itself is an even better joke I guess. It is only available for sale during April after which it will be removed from the Propellerhead Shop (again for real!). Don't miss out on it!

Behold its glorious GUI and hear how crappy it sounds in the hands of musical gymnast Anosou.

memphis-crap by anosou

/ Magnus Lidström

• medienhexer

Wow, didn't see that coming. Installed the demo again. Very hard not to come up with interesting sounds..

• arkaei

Synplant 1.2!! when I saw that e-mail it read like a really cruel april fools' joke, but IT'S TOTALLY FUCKING REAL :blink:

THANK YOU!!

• Audiofetish

YEAHHHHH!!!! :)

But, it dont work with Ableton 32 bit version?!

I've just re-installed the new version.

I'am using OS 10.9

• Magnus Lidström

Thanks folks!

Synplant 1.2 should work with Ableton 32-bit. This has been tested. What happens?

• TORLEY

Yayzerama! Synplant, one of my fave VSTs ever, is "modernized" for 64-bit. :D

Magnus, any plans to make a VST of CRAPRE? It's like the Goat Simulator of audio effects and I ♥ that cassette aesthetic!

• AB459

v1.2 > Ableton 9 x32 open\work ok. (Win7 x32)

Tnx for update. (& wait for new version)

• Quickmix

THX!

• mark webber

do a crapre vst!! i'd freak :rolleyes:

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.