Microtonic button states very hard to see

Ian Matthew Taylor483 views2 posts
  • Ian Matthew Taylor

Hi

I am colourblind and I have real problems seeing the button states in microtonic. In particular the instrument mute/solo states and the step buttons are very hard for me to distinguish.

Is there any way I can change the colour palette to make it easier for me to see?

thanks for any suggestions

• Fredrik Lidström

Hi Ian,

There is no accessibility option to change the graphics in our products. It is however most often possible to "hack" them to change the graphics. On Mac this is much easier than on Windows as you can right click the .vst file in your plugins folder and "Show Package Contents". Now inside the folder you will find all the graphics resources as .png files. Just go ahead and change the images to something that works better for you.

It is also possible on Windows, but as the images are resources inside the .dll file, it is a lot more tricky. There is however a way to do this without having to change the .dll file. Let me know and I'll put together a sample "patch" for you showing how it is done.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.