Directory problems with Presets and Patches

John Verity1 073 views5 posts
  • John Verity

I am a big fan of SonicCharge products and have several installed -- Microtonic, Permut8, Cyclone -- which I use with a host called AudioMulch. Lately, and perhaps coincident with the installation of the new Mavericks OS on my Mac, I have seen a new problem arise, namely that these products seem to get confused about which folders of patches and presets to show me. For example:

Say I am using MIcrotonic and want to select a new drum patch. In the Editor pane, I click on the drum patch button and choose Browse for Drum Patches. I might choose a new category to look in and finally choose a patch to try out. OK. But now, later, I might be using Permut8 and when I ask it to show me its Program Banks, it will show me that folder of Microtonic drum patches I was just looking at. Which means I have to navigate up to the Sonic Charge "master" folder and then back down the directory tree to the Pertmut8 Program Bank folder. And yes, if I now want to select a drum patch for Microtonic, I will be shown the Permut8 directory and again, I will have to find my way through the directories to the appropriate patch folders.

This didn't used to happen, I am pretty sure. Each plug-in "knew" about its own folders and never did they get mixed up as I am seeing now.

This MAY be a problem with AudioMulch, I don't know. I will ask around in that product's forum, as well. But I thought I'd mention it here.

Anyone else seeing this?

• Magnus Lidström

Oh. I need to look into this. I store the recently used folder for each product separately, so in case it doesn't work it must be an incompatibility problem with Maverick (which I don't have on the laptop I am currently traveling with). Is this 32 or 64-bit?

• John Verity

You asked 32- or 64-bit?, and I am afraid I don't know. Where can I look to find out?

(Sorry for long delay in replying.)

• Fredrik Lidström

Which host version are you running? (maybe I can figure out what is default)

• Joel Alasaari

Another AudioMulch problem which I hope John might have come through already. The sampler isn't powering up for some reason. With cubase it powers up automaticly but the with AudioMulch nothing happens. I can insert an image by pushing the floppydrive but the screen remains blank.

Can't find a way to record samples with it using Cubase so I'm wrestling with this problem. Also AudioMulch works better with vst sequencers.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.