Installation problem

quasi1 326 views9 posts
  • quasi

I want to try mtonic but i can't use it. I download it into my computer and i place the vst in my vst folder (as we must do it at the beginning of the instalation). Then when it has been installed i can't find the vst in ableton live 9. Can you please tell what i can to to make it works. Thank you

• Fredrik Lidström

Mac or Windows?

In the windows installer you have the option to select paths for 32-bit and 64-bit versions. On Mac, it is always installed in the default vst folder on your system. /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/

• quasi

I am on windows. I reinstall it in 32 bits i try with ableton 8 and ableton 9. I don't find mtonic vst loaded.

• Fredrik Lidström

We do not have any compatibility problems with neither Live 8 or 9 so it should work for you. Do you have other VST plugins installed that work? Make sure you go into Ableton Live preferences and check if you have "Use VST Plug-In Custom Folder" option on or not. You might need to turn it on and point it to the same folder you choose for the 32-bit plug-in in the Microtonic installer. Press "Rescan" if you make any changes.

• John Clees

I'm having the same problem, using ableton 8.0. I have the 32 bit ableton running, but im on a windows 7 64 bit..

I see it via my computer when I browse the file it's there, but when I scan with abelton, it' doesn't appear..

• John Clees

a few misses and it got it to work, I installed the 64 bit, verison using my 64 bit computer, but using my 32 bit host. I attempted the 64 bit due my computer and the vst folder being in the (x86) folder however it didn't appear. when I installed the 32 bit version, closed my host, and reopened it, I found the 32 bit plugin install, was showing on the 64 bit folder on the programs files (x86). strange but it did get me to open the demo. I thought I'd share..

• Relic9b

when i load the .dll file into my plug ins folder it doesn't show up in ableton. I tried installing both versions. I am running Ableton v.8.02.1.

I can't get around this issue. please help, btw I am running the eval version I don't know if that matters. I am trying to demo this before buying it. Thank you

• sasha sirick

HELLO!

I have bought from you Sonic Charge MicroTonic v3, and recently I have tried to register the MicroTonic v3, and on a site at you shows here such inscription

The registration key is no longer valid. Please contact support for more information.

Help to restore the License please.

Respectfully Alexander!

• Magnus Lidström

- Relic9b wrote:
    when i load the .dll file into my plug ins folder it doesn't show up in ableton. I tried installing both versions. I am running Ableton v.8.02.1.

I can't get around this issue. please help, btw I am running the eval version I don't know if that matters. I am trying to demo this before buying it. Thank you

Hi. We are not aware of any existing issues with Microtonic and Ableton Live. Have you tried any of our other demos? Same problem? If my memory serves me right, Live 8.0 was 32-bit only (but I could be wrong), in which case make sure to uncheck the 64-bit checkbox and check the 32-bit checkbox only during installation.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.