µTonic Program Change

James Gasson1 143 views1 post
  • James Gasson

I love µTonic. I have used it very often over the last year or so and have written over 20 songs using it as a basis, and I'm still not tempted to look elsewhere. Now I am in a band and we are currently configuring Ableton to perform these songs live. Exciting times. One problem though...

Each song uses a different preset that I have created. What I was hoping to do was trigger a program change message on the first scene of each song that would automatically select the desired preset in µTonic. The patterns are loaded into Ableton, so no problems there, however I have just discovered that only 16 presets are available to be triggered in such a way, without having to manually select the desired preset by hand (a cumbersome task given our setup).

So... is there a way around this? I have 20+ different presets to choose from and the more automated I can make this whole process, the better. Even the ability to save and load preset banks would be more helpful. I find a selection of 16 presets rather limiting, I'm afraid to say.

Is there any magic that can help me here?

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.