SC vsts revert to demo?

Richard E Stuart1 087 views7 posts
  • Richard E Stuart

Hi, ever since I have started to move upto running my projects in 64 bit the sonic charge vsts are constantly requiring re-registration whenever I open them which is very tedious now.any idea how to stop them from doing this?

I am running Maschien and Ableton live 64 bit in windows 7 64 bit.

cheers

• Magnus Lidström

- CC85 wrote:
    Hi, ever since I have started to move upto running my projects in 64 bit the sonic charge vsts are constantly requiring re-registration whenever I open them which is very tedious now.any idea how to stop them from doing this?
    I am running Maschien and Ableton live 64 bit in windows 7 64 bit.
    cheers

This doesn't sound good. Which Sonic Charge products does this happen to? If you are using Synplant or Microtonic I assume you are using a bridge. If so, which bridge?

• Richard E Stuart

Hi Sorry for the long delay, Xmas and NY got in the way.

I am using both Permut8 and Bitspeek. I am not using any bridge at all. Though I did have Jbridge last summer but never managed to make it work so all my VSTs are in a different folder to the bridge folder.

• Magnus Lidström

- CC85 wrote:
    Hi Sorry for the long delay, Xmas and NY got in the way.
    I am using both Permut8 and Bitspeek. I am not using any bridge at all. Though I did have Jbridge last summer but never managed to make it work so all my VSTs are in a different folder to the bridge folder.

I see. And your problems occur in the beta version of 64-bit Live?

We are currently beta testing Microtonic 3.1. It is storing the registration keys in exactly the same way as Permut8 and Bitspeek. I noticed some folks on the beta forum had similar problems. I'll investigate their log files and keep you posted here. If I find a serious bug I might have to make small updates to Permut8 and Bitspeek too.

Just one more thing. Do you run any of your hosts (Live or Maschine) in "compatibility" mode? (Right-click the program and check its properties.)

• Richard E Stuart

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    I see. And your problems occur in the beta version of 64-bit Live?
    We are currently beta testing Microtonic 3.1. It is storing the registration keys in exactly the same way as Permut8 and Bitspeek. I noticed some folks on the beta forum had similar problems. I'll investigate their log files and keep you posted here. If I find a serious bug I might have to make small updates to Permut8 and Bitspeek too.
    Just one more thing. Do you run any of your hosts (Live or Maschine) in "compatibility" mode? (Right-click the program and check its properties.)

Hi Magnus,

The problem seems to have migrated to my normal 32-bit version of Maschine, something very odd going on, maybe it wasnt the switch after all? I only noticed..or assumed it was when I changed to using 64-bit. I don't really use beta-Live very much its all in Maschine at the moment (mainly due to the fact that I'm using Live LE and use it for occasional tracking). However, I do run Maschine as admin with compatibility on for win7.

• Richard E Stuart

Anyone?

• Magnus Lidström

- CC85 wrote:
    Anyone?

Sorry for the delay. We've seen this happen before. I think the problem could be that you run one host in "compatibility mode" and another in standard mode. Try to run all hosts in the same mode to see what happens.

I'm looking into solving this for the upcoming Microtonic version, but even if I do solve it, the problem will remain in our other products until we have time to update them too.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.