Beatspace - Constraining drum channels to particular sound types

Devon Hansen74 views5 posts
  • Devon Hansen

Been having a lot of fun with Beatspace lately. I've noticed that randomizing the constellation will create presets wherein different channels of Microtonic will be patched to different types of sounds (kick, perc, tom, tone, hat, etc.), therefore one randomization might have channel 1 as X-type sound and another randomization will have channel 1 as Y-type sound, etc.

It would be great to be able to randomize while maintaining a generally consistent kit paradigm. Is there any way to constrain the points of the constellation when randomizing so that, for instance, channel 1 always produces a kick-type sound, channel 2 always produces a perc-type sound, and so on?

• Benson Fables

Are you referring to 'Keep The Pattern' and 'Keep The Patch/Kit' options which are in the Microtonic browser? You could SAVE a number of patches from using Beatspace then once saved in the Microtonic browser you can change the pattern or patch. Not the same really and would be a great addition to Beatspace tbh

• Devon Hansen

Yeah these options seem to allow you to retain the pattern or retain the kit upon each randomization, whereas I essentially want to be able to ensure that each channel is randomized only within a particular region in Beatspace for its own sound type. Could set region borders around each point so that they don't "exit" their respective sound types if you won't want them to. Or perhaps the region borders could be predetermined and fixed but still representative of distinct sound types.

• Fredrik Lidström

Limiting the channels to specific types would lose one of Microtonics strengths. But take a look at the "Auto Sort Drum Channels" script. It will do its best to sort the channels based on the standard setup we use for the factory presets.

https://soniccharge.com/download?~microtonic

• Devon Hansen

Ah I hadn't noticed that script before, should get me close enough. Thanks!

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.