MIDI Dynamics - no dynamical response

Martin Jaroš56 views6 posts
  • Martin Jaroš

Hello,

may I ask kindly, I have bought Synplant 2, I have done properly MIDI setup and I play with my own made preset in Synplant 2. I use a theremin as MIDI controller. Unfortunately, I still have not reaction of MIDI dynamics, when I start the note, it sounds still in same dynamics, even if I change it on my instrument. I do not have this problem with other soft synth, let´s say any string synth, when I play the note I can change its dynamics when it sounds, so I suppose that this problem is somewhere in Synplant or particular MIDI settings. I was trying to figure it out for many hours, tried exactly all CC´s, but only in synplant, I have this kind of a problem. I use Cakewalk as a DAW. I am attaching a Synplant file that I use as a preset. Thank you very much for help. I enjoy using Synplant 2!

Regards,
    Martin

clara jemnejsi s osc.synplant(2.48kB, 68 downloads)

• Andy Music

Martin, in the main Synplant 2 page you have Velocity slider which is controlling velocity. Is it turned to the right?

• Martin Jaroš

Thank you for answer, unfortunately yes, I have turned it to the right. I already tried to manipulate with both velocity on the main page and on the MIDI settings page. I have even possibility to change velocity on my instrument, all without success...

Edit: to by exact, when I rise my hand up quickly (understand it as pressing a key on keyboard quickly) I get loud tone, but I cannot change its loudness when it is already played. And with my instrument it is possible, I already successfuly did this in other string synth, so I suppose I have to change something in Synplant settings...

Does Synplant ignore Aftertouch?

• AAV

See page 19 of the manual. Have you tried different Pressure settings?

• Martin Jaroš

Yes, I tried even different pressure settings. I tried also changing to legato and to polyfony on the main page, because some aftertouch can be based on polyfony if I understand it correctly. Still without success. Or I may try MPE and aftertouch settings in different DAW than Cakewalk, like Ableton if it will be better, I don't know what I do wrong...

As I said before, when I try f.e. some string synth, everything works immediately.

• Martin Jaroš

Thank you all for comments, solved - I had to change Volume MIDI settings to CC11 :-)

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.