Synplant 2 Official Mods

Magnus Lidström9 209 views57 posts
  • Magnus Lidström

Attention Synplant 2 fans, we've got news for you.

Many of you are familiar with the scripting capabilities in Microtonic. Drawing from that, Synplant 2 offers similar scripting functions but also introduces something we call "mods." These are scripts that load automatically when Synplant starts to enhance the UI by adding or changing features.

Here's a quick rundown of the four mods that I have developed:

Favorite Button

Adds a heart button to the patch display. Clicking it copies the patch to a "Favorite Patches" folder under your "user patches folder." Clicking it again unfavorites the patch and removes the copy. Right-click the button to select from your favorites.

Tween Branches

A new menu item, available by right-clicking the plant, creates a spiral-shaped plant that gradually morphs the sound across all 12 branches. This feature is particularly useful for the "Velocity" and "Ranges Bulb Modes."

Detailed DNA Hints

Adds useful tooltip hints to the "DNA Editor," providing a readout on what settings are actually used by the underlying synth.

Graft Onto Branch

The spiciest of them all. This mod unlocks a previously inaccessible feature in the sound engine that lets you copy sounds from different plants and graft them onto branches in a single plant. For example, you can use this mod to create a drum kit from different solutions in Genopatch or, with the "Layered Mode," to layer different patches in one plant. It also enables explicit morphing from the "seed sound" to another specific sound on one branch.

See The Mods in Action in this 7.5-minute Video

YouTube Video

Installation Links

Mac: Official Synplant Mods.dmg(40.3kB, 2417 downloads)

Windows: Official Synplant Mods.zip(260kB, 1494 downloads)

After installation, the mods will load automatically the next time you open Synplant. To remove a mod, simply delete its ".js" file from the "Mods" folder within the "Scripts" folder (accessible via the "puzzle menu").

Important: mods require Synplant 2.0.1. If you haven't updated yet, please download and update your Synplant first.

Happy modding!

Feel free to share your experiences and any feedback on these mods. And I want to hear your grafted patches 😉

/ Magnus

• AAV

So great! Thank you Magnus!

• Daniel Rojas

Awesome!! Thanks Magnus, excited to try these.

• Andy Music

Oh wow!!! Thank you!!!

• Luis Bicho

Thank You.

• Vitoria Franco

Obrigadaaa

• Steven Frazier

What would need to happen in order to get my drop down menu to look like your drop down menu in your video?

Genobatch.png
  • Michal Putz

- Steven Frazier wrote:
    What would need to happen in order to get my drop down menu to look like your drop down menu in your video?

Maybe you need to become a developer in Sonic Charge...

• stelvio

Thank you! Much love!
    Graft Onto Branch is a massive update. It's good to see that updating the synth looks like an easy process for you with the Mod system, means that more new ideas might be blooming :)

• Tim Rowe

I got the attached error.

Screen Shot 2024-05-09 at 12.54.07.png
  • Magnus Lidström

@Tim Rowe: you are seeing this because you have an old version of the mod installed from our beta forum. Please choose "Open Scripts Folder" from the "puzzle" menu. Dive into "Mods" and remove the file called "Graft Patch Onto Branch.js".

• Tim Rowe

Perfect. Thanks Magnus!

• NewLoops.com (Download Synplant 2 Pro Expansion Demo!)

Oh yes! More goodness. Synplant 2 - The gift that keeps on giving!! :)

• Lennart Östman

Very good functions indeed. I especially like Graft Onto Branch. Would it also be possible to add an additional ADSR to more easily manage the envelope?

• r:r

I can´t download the zip file with Chrome. The message "Virus found" pops up. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Edit: Its the MS Defender that prevents the download!

• Fredrik Lidström

- r:r wrote:
    I can´t download the zip file with Chrome. The message "Virus found" pops up. Does anyone else have this problem?

Strange. I have no problems downloading and running MS Defender (virus signature 1.411.52.0). It says the file is clean. I do get a couple of warnings (9/68) on VirusTotal because we use the NSIS install system.

• robsong96

- Fredrik Lidström wrote:
    - r:r wrote:
    Strange. I have no problems downloading and running MS Defender (virus signature 1.411.52.0). It says the file is clean. I do get a couple of warnings (9/68) on VirusTotal because we use the NSIS install system.

Also got a warning with Bitdefender but only for the Windows zip file.

Screenshot 2024-05-09 145841.png
  • Roman Kovalenko

This is just great! I'm still amazed by this synth engine and still a lot to explore.
    Many thanks for the update!

• Helge Krabye

Cool! Thank you!

• Piotr Czerwiński

Sooo nice... this layering...Thanks!

• Panagiotis Kouvelis

Thanks for the update. Bitdefender reports a virus and doesn't allow me to download the patch for win. Any help with that?

• Dan Landis

Thanks for these!

• Todd Silva

Excellent Magnus and team, thank you!!!

• theSteven

I too am having issues with downloading the Windows version.
    Bitdefender on my Windows computer won't allow me to download - I get the following:

with the warning

Clicking on 'More details' shows this...

This is probably a false positive.
    When I was a developer I use to have to deal with this kind of thing from time to time.
    You will need to use the link below to submit a report and send a data sample so that they can white flag the package.

https://www.bitdefender.com/business/support/en/77209-343057-submitting-sample-files-and-websites-for-analysis.html

• Michael Grommon

Chrome won't allow the download at all.

• fran_ky

A big THANK YOU for expanding the sound cosmos of this already versatile instrument and for providing it for free!

• AEAEA

Thanks alot for the mods! Sonic Charge & Synplant 2 are the GOAT!

• Max Sokoleski

Wow...Now this was unExpected.. but an awsome treat ❣️

Love my Synplant even more now..

• Dearypain

Big thank you Magnus

• Kristian Pedersen

Big love🖤

• Ulf Lindqvist

Cool! Thank you!

• Enimem

Thanks a lot!
    Wonderful additions :)
    Intrigued what stuff still is hiding between your braincells regarding this wonderful software :)

• Randolph Rueba

Absolutely cool, and very useful!

• Angel Najar

Is there a trojan inside the script/download???

My security software detects this: Trojan:Script/Sabsik.FL.A!ml

NO FUN...

• theSteven

- theSteven wrote:
    I too am having issues with downloading the Windows version.
    Bitdefender on my Windows computer won't allow me to download - I get the following:
    with the warning

Clicking on 'More details' shows this...

This is probably a false positive.
    When I was a developer I use to have to deal with this kind of thing from time to time.
    You will need to use the link below to submit a report and send a data sample so that they can white flag the package.
    https://www.bitdefender.com/business/support/en/77209-343057-submitting-sample-files-and-websites-for-analysis.html

>> NO ISSUES DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING IT NOW << May 5, 2024 11am PST
    No complaints from either Windows 11, Edge browser or Bit Defender.
    I was able to download it and install it.

• Diego Layana

thanks!!

• Andreas Müller

I'm a bit worried because I got some alerts on www.virustotal.com with the downloaded .zip file. I also cannot open it in Windows 10 because Defender sees it as a threat. Is there really no problem with this file?

Synplant Mod Virus Alerts.JPG
  • Fredrik Lidström

I understand your concerns about the alerts. Rest assured, our workstations and build servers are equipped with antivirus protection to prevent any real known threats.

The antivirus industry is a $4.4 billion market. These companies are in constant competition to spot the next big threat, often using aggressive heuristic measures. Heuristic detection doesn’t identify a known virus but reacts to patterns resembling previous threats. As a software developer, I frequently see false positives, especially with the type of installer software we use, due to its actions like reading and writing registry settings and installing new binaries on your system.

What we did “wrong” this time was uploading a newly created installer to the forum too quickly. Typically, these false positives resolve themselves within a few days. A recheck on VirusTotal today would show you that most warnings have already disappeared.

If you believe in antivirus software and it makes you feel safe, I’d suggest waiting a few days, updating your antivirus software and signature files, and then re-running any tests.

• Lennart Verhoeff

Just dropping by to say the mods are awesome. The new ones are great as well, keep em coming :D More branch shenanigans are always welcome :)

• Claudde Edouard

Capture d'écran 2024-05-12 112625.png

Capture d'écran 2024-05-12 112742.png

Capture d'écran 2024-05-12 112800.png

Hello,
    i become this errors msg... , Synplant is working but whitout mod...
  • Claudde Edouard

the first ?? is for "ô" character
    after user , the french phrase : "le chemin d'accès spécifié est introuvable" - the specified path is not founded...

• stelvio

The favorite feature was working great. Yesterday I faved a few preset and today can't open the fav when right clicking. I tried vst and au version, restarted Live and it's still the same.

Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 21.37.41.png

Is there anything I can try?

• stelvio

Just saw the comment above me, so I went ahead and renamed 3 presets that had the "é" letter in the title and now it's working again!

• Marnix Hemmes

Hmm I'm getting JScript compilation and runtime errors. Any ideas on this one, anyone?

• Magnus Lidström

- stelvio wrote:
    Just saw the comment above me, so I went ahead and renamed 3 presets that had the "é" letter in the title and now it's working again!

Sorry. I have to admit that we have some major problems with Unicode (in all of our products, actually). But the good news is that I've already rewritten all string handling, and the next updates will address these problems.

• Claudde Edouard

Thank You !!!
    there is other products with the same problem, ex : Life from XLN.

• Claudde Edouard

but they have resoling it.

• teadrinker

Thanks a lot!
    These are great general improvements Magnus!

Is there any reason why these should not be a part of the main install in the future? (when you feel confident they are well-tested etc)

• Magnus Lidström

- teadrinker wrote:
    Thanks a lot!
    Is there any reason why these should not be a part of the main install in the future? (when you feel confident they are well-tested etc)

I can't say quite yet. We are looking at how they will fit our update roadmap. But yes, they are very likely to become part of the main product. Obviously, they are good extensions, but maybe we can make them even better. ;-)

• teadrinker

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    - teadrinker wrote:
    Thanks a lot!
    I can't say quite yet. We are looking at how they will fit our update roadmap. But yes, they are very likely to become part of the main product. Obviously, they are good extensions, but maybe we can make them even better. ;-)

I see :)
    Makes sense!

• stelvio

Sorry. I have to admit that we have some major problems with Unicode (in all of our products, actually). But the good news is that I've already rewritten all string handling, and the next updates will address these problems.

No worries, it's no big deal to rename a few patches :)
    Off topic but is there a reason why there are only 16 program change slots? (my apologies for asking about this once again) I'm wishful thinking Mods could help, or allow some sort of MIDI mappable up/down in the fav folder, for instance
    Thanks again for the new update :)

• James242

Hello! I'm excited about the new script features, but right clicking rarely works to bring up the context menu with the new features. If I close Ableton and add Synplant to a blank set, it tends to work. However, if I add Synplant to a preexisting Ableton project where I actually want to use Synplant, right clicking the plant does not show the context menu. Any help would be appreciated!

• Ingo Gabriel

I really love it! The only wish I have would be a "Lock tuning" button. So it never changes the tuning when morphing. Thank you!

• Marcus Andersson

Hey guys this isn't working for me.. I'm on latest Ableton 12, Ventura 13.3.1. .. i've downloaded the mods and i can find them when i click in the top right on the script folder. However, there's no heart next to preset as shown in video. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

• José Mendes

Hi! ive installed the scripts and they appear on my scripts folder but it seems to not be working too :( same operating system and daw as Marcus Andersson

Hey guys this isn't working for me.. I'm on latest Ableton 12, Ventura 13.3.1. .. i've downloaded the mods and i can find them when i click in the top right on the script folder. However, there's no heart next to preset as shown in video. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
  • Gustavo Delgado

Thanks!!!!

• Solidtrax

Thank you very much!

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.