Unknown Exception Warning When Importing New Sound

区タオ(Nodrog)126 views11 posts
  • 区タオ(Nodrog)

When I try to import new sound materials, an 'unknown exception' warning appears. What could be the reason?

螢幕擷取畫面 2023-12-26 140837.png
  • NGINN NGINN

i have the same problem

• NGINN NGINN

bro , just drag and drop it . they change the method.

• Isaiah Hodges

- NGINN NGINN wrote:
    bro , just drag and drop it . they change the method.

That doesnt work for me HOW

• Magnus Lidström

We haven't fixed this problem yet, but it's likely related to unicode characters in the file path, such as Japanese characters or smileys. Try dragging a file from a different folder with only western characters and let me know if it works.

Fully supporting unicode in our framework is a huge task, and I've been working on it for about a month. There's still work left to do, but if it takes too long I will release a "hack" to address this specific issue in the meantime.

• Isaiah Hodges

Yes it still doesn’t work with a regular named file

• Magnus Lidström

Not the file. The folder(s) it is inside. Did you try that?

• Isaiah Hodges

Yes I tried that as well

• Magnus Lidström

Then, it starts to sound like a different problem from what the other users have experienced, I am afraid.

Just to confirm: we are talking about dragging a .wav file from the Windows File Explorer into Genopatch? And the .wav file and all its folders above contain only "western" characters? And when you do this, you get the "Unknown exception" error window?

• Magnus Lidström

And you are running the latest version of Synplant (2.0.1) ?

• Isaiah Hodges

I apologize, I have been trying with mp3 and never tried wav until now and it’s working. Thanks so much I really love using synplant!

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.