Synplant 2.0.1 - resynthesizing complex sound effects

Michael // MSLD196 views1 post
  • Michael // MSLD

I have been plugging more complex material into Genopatch. I grabbed the Hanna-Barbera "Singing Sword" effect (famously used in The Six Million Dollar Man) and made a passable recreation which you can download here(2.55kB, 88 downloads) if you feel so inclined. Play somewhere between C3 and E3.

As is expected, Genopatch struggles to find convincing solutions to the timbral complexity of foley, composited sound effects (like Singing Sword), and polyphonic instrument sounds (like rave chords or orchestra hits). If I had my druthers for a script, I'd like to be able to specify to Genopatch the "amount" of tonality I want in a patch, which pitch I want for the "fundamental" (if at all), and what the most important 2 or 3 harmonics are, then have Synplant calculate oscillator tunings and FM ratios that would produce, roughly speaking, that combination of harmonics.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.