Making Synplant skins

Rob Curulli103 views3 posts
  • Rob Curulli

Hey everyone, recent purchaser of Synplant, loving it so far :)

I'm working on a skin, but having trouble with the "arcslider" file. I found a github page for a command line app that encodes a file into the correct format, but I can't get it working in Terminal on my mac (M1 running 13.6).

Is there any other way to create the file? I tried using a Processing script that took 8 images and spliced them into what I thought was a correctly formatted PNG, but this didn't work in my skin, since it appears to expect some additional metadata at the end of the file, which I'm unable to figure out.

Has anyone had luck creating the arcslider file on a mac?

• Fredrik Lidström

Oh, very nice that you're doing a skin!

Yes, you are correct. There is a custom "tEXt" meta-data chunk for the png that tells that it is PixelStrip format and how many frames there are.

https://github.com/fredli74/pixelSequencer/blob/35f367948e7e8e2ff2fb087551552521d93a0c3d/pixelSequencer.go#L277C2-L294C3

I personally only have an Intel Mac, so I have not compiled the pixelsequencer tool for M1. I am unsure what is needed to get that to work. However, the good news is that PixelStrip format is optional.

arcslider_x2.png            704 x 96       (  88 x 96  * 8 frames )

Just stack your 8 frames vertically into a 88 x 768 image instead and it should work.

• Rob Curulli

Oh! Vertically! That makes a lot of sense, considering the others are like that too. I'll give it a try, thank you!

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.