Some ideas on (or questions regarding) Synplant 2

Juergen Voelkel73 views3 posts
  • Juergen Voelkel

Right at this moment I started to fiddle around with Native Instruments' SKANNER XT which has some functions that immediately remind me of Synplant 2 or rather raise some questions about SP2:
    SKANNER XT allows you to move the sample position. Is this possible with SP2 or would I have to cut the sample first to have it started in Genopatch at a desired point?
    Furthermore you can modify the sample speed in SK XT.
    Don't get me wrong, SP2 is a groundbreaking instrument but I would really appreciate to have those features found in SK XT...

Skanner XT.jpg
  • Fredrik Lidström

Start position? Like this?

2023-10-22_02h19_10.mp4

But no, you cannot move the sample inside the window. For example, if you want silence at the start or the end, there must exist silence in the wave that you can set the window on.
  • Juergen Voelkel

Thanks Fredrik! Honestly, I just discovered this function after watching the little video:)
    I only saw one of the loop markers and therefore thought it was just indicating the starting point but now after stretching the sample, I get to see what I was really looking for (and the black skin didn't make things easier...).

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.