Launchpad template for Permut8

Jan Henckell1 775 views3 posts
  • Jan Henckell

Here is a template i made using automap 4.4

The 4 upper rows are used for the 32 switches and the lower rows change the presets.
    The arm button toggles between 3 midi controls: off, bits and prog.

I made this because i wanted to toggle the switches. With a midi keyboard you have to keep the notes pressed.

It would be nice to be able to use the switches and change the presets without having to change the midi control mode.

• Magnus Lidström

- Dreamrobe wrote:
    Here is a template i made using automap 4.4
    The 4 upper rows are used for the 32 switches and the lower rows change the presets.
    The arm button toggles between 3 midi controls: off, bits and prog.
    I made this because i wanted to toggle the switches. With a midi keyboard you have to keep the notes pressed.
    It would be nice to be able to use the switches and change the presets without having to change the midi control mode.

Cool! I have a LaunchPad at the office. Will try this next week.

So you mean that you would like to have a mode where you can flip bits and change programs at the same time, for instance via different midi channels?

Actually, you can change programs with Program Change messages, but perhaps you can't program the Launchpad to send those?

• Jan Henckell

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    Cool! I have a LaunchPad at the office. Will try this next week.
    So you mean that you would like to have a mode where you can flip bits and change programs at the same time, for instance via different midi channels?
    Actually, you can change programs with Program Change messages, but perhaps you can't program the Launchpad to send those?

Right, the pads on the Launchpad can only be assigned to cc and note numbers, no pc´s with automap 4.4.
    So a mode in which parameters and patches can be changed at the same time would be nice to have when using Permut8 as a tool for playing live, at least for me.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.