synplant 2 - vol & mod atk knobs don't alter envelopes (?)

edisonc101 views2 posts
  • edisonc

Unless I am just doing something very wrong, which is surely possible : )

if I go into the 'manipulate gene' section, and twist either the vol attack or mod attack knobs - while the knobs turn and the dna L-R slider moves, neither envelope changes. Same from different patches. Can't hear any audible difference either. Doesn't matter what I adjust the other envelope settings to, attack refuses to move for vol or mod. I am using mouse to drag them around (no midi controller).

All the other knobs in those sections appear to work fine. (haven't dug into the others yet, but adjusting basic attack & release are usually things I tweak alot)

again, win 10 x64, vst3 far as I can tell

thx again!

• Magnus Lidström

Just to double-check that this is not just a misunderstanding, env_atk + mod_atk (and env_dcy + mod_dcy) shape the attack (and decay) segments; they don't affect attack times. If you want a slower attack, try the env_tilt parameter.

The genes in Synplant are a little unconventional because they are meta-parameters that generate the underlying synth parameters for the audio engine. They are balanced so that they generate interesting sounds with almost all settings.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.