resynthesizing drumbreaks is nice

Eine Alte Oma134 views3 posts
  • Eine Alte Oma

https://www.youtube.com/live/MIen4G9TzZk?si=cbgfVhVFQRcTpa8F

I just streamed how I "recreated" a drumbreak with the genopatch feature by going one by one through a break's slices. the results are nothing like the original break, but still weirdly similiar. they are also unique in the way that i wouldn't do it like that with other methods of drum sampling or synthesis, yet produced useful results in its own way. i originally wanted to find out if this workflow can be used to get around copyright issues. I wouldn't say that was successful, because the break that emerges from it is too different to replace the original break. but I was being successful at coming up with a completely new type of break sound and workflow, which is cool

• Fredrik Lidström

1:15 🔥🔥🔥

I also came across another video from you today with a really nice bass! Cool stuff.

• Eine Alte Oma

glad you like it :) i actually also made a video of how i made that break from the start. i didn't release it publicly because it's extremely long and in-depth and not very entertaining, since i didn't say a single word, but i still edited and uploaded it a little because i wasn't sure at first. anyway, if you're interested it's here, but it basically shows the same technique as in the stream, just with a different drumbreak:

YouTube Video

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.