PERMUT8 IS GREAT

grymmjack2 059 views6 posts
  • grymmjack

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE FORMATTING OF MY POST BUT IN THE SPIRIT OF THE PRODUCT, I AM TYPING THIS REVIEW ON AN APPLE][+ IN GLORIOUS 40 COLUMN GLORY CONNECTED VIA RS232 I/O BOARD TO THE INTERNET. THANK YOU SONIC CHARGE FOR PERMUT8. IT IS A FANTASTIC GEEK VOYAGE INTO SOUNDAND RETRO COMPUTING. YOU HAVE DONE THEWORLD A GREAT SERVICE BY PAYING SUCHHOMAGE TO THE GREAT ANCESTORS FROM WHICHALL MODERN COMPUTING DESCENDS.I AM EXTREMELY GIDDY HACKING AROUND THEOPERATING SYSTEM AND HAVE TO COMMEND YOUESPECIALLY ON PORTING SOFTWARE AUDIOMOUTH WHICH IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITE PROGRAMS FROM THE APPLE ][ ERA.I HAVE MUCH RESPECT FOR SONIC CHARGE ANDTHEIR PRODUCTS. I WILL ENJOY USING PERMUT8 IN MY MUSICPRODUCTIONS, MODERN AND ARCHAIC.THANK YOU FOR BEING GREAT,GRYMMJACK  _    _   _              ___   _      |_)  |_  |_)  |\/|  | |   |   (_)     |    |_  | \  |  |  |_|   |   (_)            _             _   __        |_)  | |  |   |_  (_         | \  |_|  |_  |_  __)P.S. I AM A CUSTOMER FOR LIFE

• grymmjack

Me again. Back on my PC...

I would have typed more, but I ran out of buffer. I only have 1KB in my terminal.

Glorious glory is better than regular glory. :)

Take it easy Magnus, you're the king.

• Fredrik Lidström

- grymmjack wrote:
    I AM TYPING THIS REVIEW ON AN APPLE][+
    IN GLORIOUS 40 COLUMN GLORY CONNECTED
    VIA RS232 I/O BOARD TO THE INTERNET.

Wow, I did not think that was still possible. =) Both me and Magnus pretty much learned most programming on an Apple II.

The first computer that entered our home was probably around 1978, and it was an ABC80. Being two years younger than Magnus and looking up to him what he was doing, I wrote my first basic lines on that one at the age of 5-6.

But I think it was that Apple II that was the coding revolution for Magnus, as that is where he spent every day coding, something.. While I was riding bikes and playing Atari 2600 instead. :P

• Jason Anderson

This is a unique multi-trick effect unit. I am definitely enjoying what this can do to source audio. I like also what you have done with the Analog Section; many nice tricks there as well as in the 2 Instruction zones. I wonder... What on earth is a "kiloword"? I do not understand the use of "word" in the manual. Otherwise, wow what a beautiful yet brief manual. I like the cover. I thought I might be reading the manual to my Juno. Nice :)

Well, of all the tricks this unit is capable of, I know there must be a switch somewhere to make it brew coffee and bring it to me in the morning... Ah,...wishful thinking

Good work bringing us a unique device and thanks for the nice discount. Please explain the use of "word" in the manual when you have a moment.

Cheers!

• Magnus Lidström

- Jason wrote:
    What on earth is a "kiloword"?

Ah, right. It is very technical. A data word is simply a group of bits. Before the 8-bit word (the byte) became standardized there were many other sizes. E.g. the PDP-8 (which also stood as inspiration for the GUI) used a 12-bit word size.

I like the cover. I thought I might be reading the manual to my Juno. Nice :)

Hehe, our retro-nostalgia knows no limits.

• Magnus Lidström

- grymmjack wrote:
    ```

I AM TYPING THIS REVIEW ON AN APPLE][+
    ```

Btw, is this really true? That would be incredibly awesome if it is.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.