#   Is there a chance that Permut8 comes out as Rack Extension?   #
    #                                                                 #
    ###################################################################

10 PRINT "Hello, I'm the Commodore 64 - What is your name ";:INPUT A$
    20 PRINT "Hello " A$
    30 END
  • Fredrik Lidström

copy your_question www.propellerheads.se

Jokes aside, Permut8 was actually designed with RE in mind to fit both technically and visually. Unfortunately they had to cut some features out of the first RE SDK to be able to meet deadlines. This forced us into deciding to either make bad compromises or wait and hope for an SDK update. We choose to wait, as a bad implementation would get us stuck with compatibility problems if we later wanted to make a better implementation.

• Joey Luck

Any news on a Permut8 Rack Extension? Still on standby for an RE SDK update?

Would REALLY love to see Permut8 in the Reason rack! =)

• Fredrik Lidström

I have not seen any SDK update and to be honest I have not asked around regarding the SDK so I am unsure what's in the works right now. We put RE development on hold a while back and have focused on updating our VST/AU product range. Right now we will be working on Synplant 2 exclusively until we can put it in beta, after that we have a couple of more ducks lined up.

We will take a look at the RE situation again next year and see if any SDK updates are on the horizon.

• Joey Luck

Thanks for the update. I'll continue to wait patiently (while also bugging Propellerhead impatiently). I bring up Permut8 vs. RE SDK limitations in the Propellerhead forum often. Hopefully an update is in the near future.

Excited about Synplant 2 though! Synplant as a RE (as well as Microtonic) would be very cool. But I can tell those are probably further from being possible as REs than Permut8...

• EnochLight

Greetings!

So it's "next year" and SDK 2 has been out for some time. Any chance you will return to RE development soon? :)

Cheers

- Fredrik Lidström wrote:
    I have not seen any SDK update and to be honest I have not asked around regarding the SDK so I am unsure what's in the works right now. We put RE development on hold a while back and have focused on updating our VST/AU product range. Right now we will be working on Synplant 2 exclusively until we can put it in beta, after that we have a couple of more ducks lined up.

We will take a look at the RE situation again next year and see if any SDK updates are on the horizon.
  • Magnus Lidström

-> http://soniccharge.com/forum/index.php?/topic/628-permut8-rack-extension/

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.