Cant drag and drop sample into Synplant 2 / Windows 10

nicholas shahinian380 views17 posts
  • nicholas shahinian

Subject says it all! Any reason why?

• static

This would be excellent - standalone or plugin.

Also it would be great to have more audio formats accepted, but that’s not even as important as drag and drop.

• Manuel Senfft

Actually the subject does not say it all. Which DAW are you using? E.g. for FL Studio there is an issue both Sonic Charge and Image-Line are aware of and working on it; see:

https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/2465-synplant-2-drag-drop-samples-not-working-on-win-11-fl-studio-21

• static

Bitwig here. Also a Live user, but I haven’t tested this in Live yet. I wonder whether it works and I’ll give it a try next time.

• Joey Luck

When you say drag and drop doesn't work, do you mean from your DAW's browser, or directly from the file location? Or both?

• static

Sorry to be unclear myself as well. I meant from Bitwig's file browser, or from the clip or arrangement view in Bitwig to the Synplant 2 plugin. However, I was mistaken earlier, it seems to work fine when dragging and dropping from Finder in MacOS to the plugin or standalone... that is; if the file is of the accepted format to Synplant 2 (.wav or .aiff are accepted - not .ogg or .mp3, for example). I can also drag and drop from Bitwig's file browser, yet not from the clip or arrangement view.

• Gregory Zaccagnino

Following, can't wait for this to be fixed!

• nicholas shahinian

Still waiting

• AAV

- Joey Luck wrote:
    When you say drag and drop doesn't work, do you mean from your DAW's browser, or directly from the file location? Or both?
    - nicholas shahinian wrote:
    Still waiting

Per Joey Luck's question above, is this from Windows (10 in your case) or from your DAW's browser? (And if your DAW, which one?) Do you happen to be running your DAW with Administrator privileges?

• nicholas shahinian

- AAV wrote:
    - Joey Luck wrote:
    - nicholas shahinian wrote:
    Still waiting
    Per Joey Luck's question above, is this from Windows (10 in your case) or from your DAW's browser? (And if your DAW, which one?) Do you happen to be running your DAW with Administrator privileges?

Both, first question. Fl Studio, and nope!

• nicholas shahinian

Still hoping for a fix soon

• Manuel Senfft

Did you update your Synplant version? Actually the drag&drop bug was fixed already:

2023-12-06_07-26-23__dragging_fls_synplant_win10.mp4

Here I am on Windows 10 and FL Studio (v21.2 - not the most recent version, though) and Synplant 2 (v2.0.1).
  • nicholas shahinian

Woah!! I’m gonna see if Synplant has an update tomorrow. I didn’t see anything pop up stating I can update!

• Antonio Carballeira

macos ventura ableton 11 i cant drag and drop mp3

• CBM!

Still hoping for drag & drop support on Cubase...
    Steinberg has their .xml stuff that is necessary for drag & drop support on plugins.

• Emory Christenson

How do we update to 2.0.1? My synplant is on 2.0.0 and isn't updating itself.

• Manuel Senfft

https://soniccharge.com/download

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.