Permut8 is launched!

Magnus Lidström8 675 views26 posts
  • Magnus Lidström

We are very excited to launch Permut8 today! It's been almost a year in the making and we are thrilled about the result. I'm going to write another post on how this product came to be but right now I just want to thank all of our hard working testers. This beta has been a blast! Also, a standing ovation to our generous patch designers. Let me introduce them:

Mason
    Pimp Daddy Nash (William Curtis)
    Edward Ten Eyck
    Ones & Zeros (Simon Field)
    Rsmus7 (Stephan Muesch)
    Ariston (Randolph Rueba)
    Torley

THANKS GUYS!!

So, have you tried Permut8 yet? Don't hesitate to comment and let us know what you think!

/ Magnus

• MDK

bought it as soon as I got the email.

So far I think its amazing, I keep getting suprised at the sounds I can make with it which is an all too rare occurence with audio plugins these days.

Awesome Plugin, Great Job!

• tonalaxis

Well done guys!

• anonymous

Congrats on the release! For now, I'm Reason-only, but I'm not sure I can hold out for the RE... so this may just yet be the very first VST I ever purchase! :D

• Olivier Grasset

Been playing with it all day and just bought it - really cool - thanks!

• Chris Rose

I've been playing with the demo version today. I'm very impressed with what it can do, also the GUI is excellent! Congratulations on another unique and inspirational tool for musicians and producers:)

• DAVID AKNIN

Hi guys ,
    juts bought it few hours ago, and I spent a 'lil time to play with it. It's really impressive.
    We can definitely count on this other great new tools from Sonic Charge, bravo guys for this awesome work !

I've just scratch the surface, but the thing jumped to my hears was the sound quality and the deeper in the fx range.
    Plus we can easily by tweakin' the clock freq + operands get bunch of possibilities, which are in fact endless,
    with this tool I mean.

The only thing missing here is to have an LFO to modulate few parameters as the clock, the sync and the filter...
    'Cause when I play with my mouse ( just turning the knob to change the sounds, experiencing evolutive changes in the sound) it's cool, but get the possibility to automate it …… miam !

Again it's just a first impression, and thanx to think about awesome tools like this !

d

• TORLEY

Congrats on the release, Super Lidström Bros.! :D You've made my dreams of having an amber terminal in an audio tool come true and so much more chaotic fun... and now I must explore everyone's patch banks!

Onwards to new aural frontiers...

• anonymous

- Torley wrote:
    Congrats on the release, Super Lidström Bros.! :D You've made my dreams of having an amber terminal in an audio tool come true and so much more chaotic fun... and now I must explore everyone's patch banks!
    Onwards to new aural frontiers...

Any chance you can make "Between Dreams" longer? It's a stunning composition that reminds me of a fusion of Vangelis Blade Runner (End Titles) and 220 Volt's "Backstreet Hero" from Tangerine Dream.

• anonymous

Wow-

First sound I threw this on made all the difference in the world.

Im sold.

Which isnt a shocker since Ive been sold on your stuff for years!

Awesome Stuff guys!

• Blaise Caillet

Congratulations ! Permut8 is a bomb ! Great work !

• ThoughtExperiment

I also bought it as soon as I got the email, well done guys for releasing it on time - that's pretty rare these days.

I remember saying once that Microtonic was the most fun I'd had while wearing trousers :blink: Now I'll include Permut8 in that statement :D

This is a truly unique plugin, which is no mean feat, and the possibilities it offers via automation or real-time MIDI tweaking are seemingly endless. The program banks are an excellent showcase of Permut8's potential (nice work, everyone)and reverse-engineering them will be a great chance to get a deeper understanding of that potential. I'm looking forward to digging deeper B)

• anonymous

Awesome tool, guys! Sounds fantastic and immediately forces creative ideas to pop up in my mind:-) Can't wait to use Permut8 in my currenct tracks!

Especially the introduction video and the demo-song are brilliant, too! Could you reveal some of the commands the cool TTY console accepts?:-)

• AB459

When I finally decided to use a plug for the intended purpose (on drums) I realized that it was necessary to start from that))) No, really cool apparat.

• grymmjack

Instant classic. Love it!

• Tim Kuhfuss

It's a really fun plugin, it sounds great and can do some interesting new things. I've been looking at bitspeek for a while and when this came out I figured I should buy them both. Thanks for the innovation!

I love the TTY console, too. In response to Guido, bring up the console, click in the text area to activate input. Enter "logon", then "username", then "password". Once it says SYS>, enter "dir", and it will list the available commands. Growing up using DOS comes in handy =)

• AB459

By the way, I just now noticed that in the splash screens window can be printed. :o
    It would be interesting to know the list of possibilities, or a list of supported commands \ functions. Maybe it's something like for example scripts-extensions for UTonic.

• Richard Kinney

Permut8 is an excellent piece of kit that actually fits into my screwed up style.

Nice to finally be a Sonic Charge customer. :D

• Kuzma Palkin

what i've got:

:)

• John Braner

- DJMashbot wrote:
    I love the TTY console, too. In response to Guido, bring up the console, click in the text area to activate input. Enter "logon", then "username", then "password". Once it says SYS>, enter "dir", and it will list the available commands. Growing up using DOS comes in handy =)

Is there any more documentation on the console? How do I "customise" the OS like Data Purge's screenshots?

• John Braner

- jbraner wrote:
    Is there any more documentation on the console? How do I "customise" the OS like Data Purge's screenshots?

OK - I found some.

print readme
    run patch
    list

I better go pay for this and register it - I can't go any further ;-)

• anonymous

Yet another brilliant and extremely useful tool from Sonic Charge. Hail Magnus!

Dylan
    Open Concept Recordings
    www.openconcept.org

• anonymous

Permut8 is an excellent piece of kit that actually fits into my screwed up style. Nice to finally be a Sonic Charge customer.

This is all part of your formation

• anonymous

when i can hope for the RE version???
    i cant wait for this!!!!

• Björn Asserhed

What username and password is asked for in TTY?

• Björn Asserhed

Ah! Got it. ”username” and ”password”

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.