Feature request: some kind of sample export?

Pitter Patter243 views9 posts
  • Pitter Patter

I think you are going to be seeing more of this request as many people are already noting how great this is for generating drum hits. It would be great if, in genopatch, there was an option to export each of the circular "nodes" that are generated on each strand as .wav files. Maybe figure out a way to export the branched out versions in the main UI as well.

I know there is the slow, manual way to do this, but obviously it would be amazing if you could export with the click of a button.

Cheers,
    Pitter

• MT_

Good idea!

• c0nsilience

You do realize that Synplant 2 isn’t sample-based, right?

• Jmob

- c0nsilience wrote:

That doesn't mean it can't export samples :)

• Eine Alte Oma

but what would that sample be like? on which note would it export? and what if there's something random in the patch, which is likely? nah, i think the only real way to make samples from this synth is to bounce stuff that you composed yourself

• Pitter Patter

- Eine Alte Oma wrote:
    but what would that sample be like? on which note would it export? and what if there's something random in the patch, which is likely? nah, i think the only real way to make samples from this synth is to bounce stuff that you composed yourself

The nodes in genopatch would take the pitch they have when you click them. Same for the branches in the main UI, which already only have one pitch until you make them the seed.

>and what if there's something random in the patch, which is likely?

Not sure what you mean here.

• Dave

if it exported a sample the same way serum can export a sample
    that would be amazing

• c0nsilience

- Jmob wrote:
    - c0nsilience wrote:
    That doesn't mean it can't export samples :)

Duly noted 😉

• Dave

YouTube Video

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.