Synplant 2 CPU use 100% - crackles ahoy

sameloop300 views6 posts
  • sameloop

Hi guys. Just thought you might be interested in this - I can provide more info if needed, but basically it's a powerful PC with no issues on the audio front. LatencyMon very low green on everything. Also OBS was struggling a lot too, so the video exaggerate the problem by pausing heavily. The audio is the same as I heard it though.

YouTube Video

Loving Synplant 2 by the way - it's freaky!

Cheers.

• emma essex

this is normal and only happens while generating patches; it's a hugely intensive process and their current method is to rip through it as quickly as possible. i'm hopeful that in the future we may be able to limit this (will be especially useful for multitasking or when working socially, like discord or streaming), but for now it's just doing this to get through the job as quickly as possible.

• sameloop

Mmm, I assumed it must be something like that.

• paradiddle

Yep, It's the same on my pc and that was my conclusion also.

• Karschnackelwackel

There are some other threads about this:
    https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/2499-fr-add-cpu-cap-for-genopatch

With my i5-9400F 2.90 GHz cpu I have no lags at all, just a slower genopatch process compared to others I saw on youtube. Makes me wonder, why some people with better cpus do have lags.

• Devon Rose

- Karschnackelwackel wrote:
    There are some other threads about this:
    https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/2499-fr-add-cpu-cap-for-genopatch
    With my i5-9400F 2.90 GHz cpu I have no lags at all, just a slower genopatch process compared to others I saw on youtube. Makes me wonder, why some people with better cpus do have lags.

I got curious and tested this myself. It appears to be largely a Windows-centric issue as every configuration can have a different ASIO driver.

On macOS and on Windows with 'select' ASIO drivers I tested it with; there doesn't be appear to be any lag or crackling in those situations.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.