Synplant 2 - MIDI CC to plant?

sam f.196 views4 posts
  • sam f.

Hey all!

Quick question about MIDI configuration in Synplant 2. I'm trying to figure out how to assign a MIDI CC value to the "plant seed" action, which was CC#82 in Synplant 1. Does that functionality still exist in Synplant 2? CC#82 doesn't appear to do anything, and can't find anything about it in the manual or in the plugin itself. It's the only thing I need to be able to tweak and play entirely from a MIDI controller, so I'm hoping it's just something I've missed. 😅

And thanks for all the hard work on Synplant 2! It's absolutely incredible,1000% worth the wait.

• Adam JabÅ‚oÅ„ski

Similarly with random seed CC#83 :)

• stelvio

- sam f. wrote:
    It's the only thing I need to be able to tweak and play entirely from a MIDI controller, so I'm hoping it's just something I've missed. 😅

I'm also planning on mapping every single parameters to a controller. S2 not having a mod matrix makes it ideal.
    I didn't know you could plant seed from a Midi controller too, so thanks for the post.
    Curious to see where you're going with this. I'm expecting a Launch Control XL for the mapping.

• sam f.

- stelvio wrote:
    - sam f. wrote:
    It's the only thing I need to be able to tweak and play entirely from a MIDI controller, so I'm hoping it's just something I've missed. 😅
    I'm also planning on mapping every single parameters to a controller. S2 not having a mod matrix makes it ideal.
    I didn't know you could plant seed from a Midi controller too, so thanks for the post.
    Curious to see where you're going with this. I'm expecting a Launch Control XL for the mapping.

Honestly I haven't even started to map too many of the settings, though I hope to soon! My current workflow is pretty simple: I have a cheap MIDI controller keyboard (Akai MPK Mini plus) and just use the mod wheel to grow/shrink branches, with one knob assigned to changing the mod wheel settings (Filter+/-, etc). I can audition a sound, grow branches, tweak settings....but can't plant the seed to continue. :/ Almost there!

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.