Are Genopatch candidates saved somewhere temporarily?

mikers321 views9 posts
  • mikers

Hi
    I would like to use several of the genopatch candidates - are they saved as preset files somewhere temporarily that I could grab them from or do I have to save each one individually? Would be nice if you could say right click on each one in genopatch and have a save option.

• c0nsilience

Magnus has provided a way to bulk export with scripting. See attached:
    Synplant Scripts 20231002.zip(3.27kB, 215 downloads)

• mikers

That's great... could you give me a little more information as to what I am supposed to do with them? I looked in the manual, but there is nothing about running scripts that I could find. There is a reference to scripting in the forum, but no "howto"

• mikers

Thanks. Figured it out - duh! - save to the scripts directory and access via the little button at the top right of synplant window.

• Andy Music

That's great! I'll ask ChatGPT to write a script for me based on this. I'll share this if it's successful.

• mikers

- Andy Music wrote:
    That's great! I'll ask ChatGPT to write a script for me based on this. I'll share this if it's successful.

Interesting idea... but I would have thought that chatGPT would have to "know" what bits of synplant are exposed codewise in order for that to work - some sort of reference manual or samples... not sure if there is enough around that it could have harvested...

looking forward to see how it goes!

• mikers

- c0nsilience wrote:
    Magnus has provided a way to bulk export with scripting. See attached:
    Synplant Scripts 20231002.zip(3.27kB, 215 downloads)

Having all of the presets generated is pretty good... but I still think it would be nice to be able to right click on a candidate and save it so that you don't have to go through all of the downloaded presets manually to decide which ones were the ones that you liked and wanted to use in combination.

• Chad

Where is the scripts directory for Synplant 2 on a PC? I see the Microtonic scripts directory:
    C:\Program Files\Sonic Charge\Microtonic Scripts
    Thanks

Edit:
    I installed the Synplant skins and the directory C:\Program Files\Sonic Charge\Synplant Scripts was created. Put the scripts there.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.