Microtonic is the only Sonic Charge plugin whose VST and VST3 versions cannot Auto-Migrate?

NextDAW215 views5 posts
  • NextDAW

Is there a reason why Microtonic and Microtonic Multi are the only Sonic Charge plugins, for which the VST and VST3 versions thereof, don't automatically combine in FL Studio?

It appears that all the other Sonic Charge plugins do combine together (allowing automatic migration thereof, from VST to VST3, etc.)

Please see attached screen print, the plugin manger of FL Studio 21 (latest version) after performing a fresh verified scan.

If there is a reason for this, may I ask what that is?

Thank you.

• Devon Rose

plugins.PNG

I think it may be an issue with your Windows and FL install (winrot maybe?) as mine looks to have combined just fine.
    Screen Shot 2023-10-06 at 11.38.21 AM.png

On my mac however there were duplicate instances of where they were not combined, that I'm not sure about but I guess it doesn't matter since AU would be more preferable over VST3 on macOS?
  • NextDAW

- Devon Rose wrote:

I think it may be an issue with your Windows and FL install (winrot maybe?) as mine looks to have combined just fine.

On my mac however there were duplicate instances of where they were not combined, that I'm not sure about but I guess it doesn't matter since AU would be more preferable over VST3 on macOS?

I'm sorry but, your interpretation of what plugin manager is displaying in your screen captures is mistaken.

Neither of your posted images show a successfully combined VST/VST3 scan of the Microtonic or Microtonic Multi plugins.

Your first image is showing that only VST3 formats have been detected and scanned (i.e. there were no VST formats found by FL Studio's plugin manager during the scan.)

Whereas, your second image shows exactly the same as what my initial screen capture did. Which is that Microtonic is the only Sonic Charge plugin which doesn't combine VST and VST3*

** (i.e. when both formats are installed and have been verified scanned by FL Studio's plugin manager).

At least, you have confirmed that you have the same results on Mac as I had on Windows (apart from the additional AU instances which are only relevant to Mac users).

The only question remaining, is why?

I'm just curious as to why certain VST/VST3 plugins do combine and can therefore (sometimes) successfully auto-migrate, while other plugins cannot (not just Sonic Charge, but from many other developers also).

If I find out what is different in the circumstances of Microtonic from all the other Sonic Charge plugins, this may help me to better understand the reasons why.

• Devon Rose

Ah, my apologies for the misinterpretation. It's highly likely this is specific to FL and/or something extra has to be done for 'complete' FL Studio compatibility from the plugin vendors.

Magnus Lidström also probably gets a chuckle every time Delphi is mentioned in conjunction with FL Studio :p

• NextDAW

- Devon Rose wrote:
    Magnus Lidström also probably gets a chuckle every time Delphi is mentioned in conjunction with FL Studio :p

May I ask why? ☺️

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.