Struggling To Arrange & Trigger Microtonic In A DAW

anonymous1 397 views2 posts
  • anonymous

Microtonic is great to quickly produce sounds and sequence them all in one instance. The trouble starts for me when I want to make it into a full track and arrange it using my daw. Of course I could record to audio but that means I can't automate.

I can't for the life of me figure out the best way to arrange a pattern I have build and sequenced in one instance of microtonic v3. Whenever I press play in ableton microtonic plays.

What I want to do really is to have an instance of microtonic on its own channel playing one sound on each being triggered either by some kind of one off midi note or by the midi notes I can drag and drop from the microtonic sequencer.

Alternatively I could run the outs of microtonic into separate channels but then need to figure out some way of triggering each drum pad sequence separately so I can bring in my kick, bass, hats, snares etc in the one instance of microtonic but at different times

Had a look at the manual but can't seem to stop ableton play button triggering microtonic and make it start / stop using midi notes

• Fredrik Lidström

Hey there,

Just a quick reply before I dig any deeper into your host. Did you try clicking the stop button twice inside MicroTonic so that the auto play is disabled? You should be able to see when it is on from the flashing play button in the interface.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.