Synplant 2 (very laggy)

Boris Ivanov260 views9 posts
  • Boris Ivanov

I love the the features that have been added to the plug-in, but it has been very glitchy/ constant lag. I have it open on Ableton, it is the only channel, yet the lag is always there. I am curious if anyone else is having the same issue and if it can be fixed by doing something in the settings. Or perhaps it will get better after a couple of updates, given how new it is.
    Thanks!

• Cesare Marionetti

Yes, me too on Bitwig, I think it is also the UI that causes the glitches and the Genopatch on my Intel I9 13th generation PC.

• mikers

Running with bitwig on Win 11, Ryzen 9 5900x, 64GB of ram - have not noticed anything amiss. Could you be a bit more specific about what it is that you are doing at the time and what exactly is happening in terms of lag?

• Cesare Marionetti

ss3.png

ss1.png

ss5.png

Sure, I'll try to explain in more detail, in the attached screenshots you can see how the analysis of the sample greatly increases the use of the CPU, after the analysis is finished the audio starts to glitch.
    In the last screen (edit synth parameters) every change in values generates an audio glitch marked in red.
    My audio card is Motu Ultralight Mk5 last firmware update.
    Thank's
    Best regards
  • Eine Alte Oma

I also use Bitwig and it didn't lag on my computer, even with multiple instances and during screencaps via OBS in a convoluted project. not trying to flex, but I think it's important for the developer to know that this is likely not a bitwig-issue, but more likely a hardware one.

• exm

It is quite laggy. Some people notice it more then others in absolute terms. Some people just seem to bother i guess.
    The DNA strand, when moving up and down for instance, runs @ ~ 30 to 45 fps here. This is on Win11, x64, gpu radeon 6800, cpu 3800x @ 4,2gHz

• Cesare Marionetti

just to complete what was written previously, the analysis of the sample on my system is very fast, the problem I'm reporting is that after the analysis some audio glitches are generated.
    I look forward to the next upgrade.

• Eine Alte Oma

it doesn't have to be that the computer has bad specs. sometimes these kinda incompatibility bugs can be extremely sneaky. i hope the bug gets fixed for you all, so that we can enjoy this synthesizer together :)

• Cesare Marionetti

I hope so too

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.