Synplant 2 demo overwrite Synplant 1?

William Degillio328 views11 posts
  • William Degillio

Does installing the Synplant 2 demo overwrite Synplant 1? I would like to demo it before purchasing the upgrade. Thanks in advance!

• Josh Gemmell

It seems to, yes. This website has legacy downloads, though, so we will probably be able to downgrade.

• NextDAW

It should be great for backwards compatibility, if existing projects saved with Synplant v1 can load using Synplant 2 instead.

I am waiting for the VST3 version to be fixed, so that I can test that for myself, and load my v1 Synplant projects with the new update.

• N C

It was meant to be backwards compatible but it’s not, the symplant 2 has overwritten the vst but the project already using Symplant 1 are not loading with vst missing error.

• Magnus Lidström

- N C wrote:
    It was meant to be backwards compatible but it’s not, the symplant 2 has overwritten the vst but the project already using Symplant 1 are not loading with vst missing error.

Which host would that be? If Synplant 2 is seen and activated by the host, it should replace Synplant v1. It has the same .dll / .vst name and the same identifier code.

• mikers

I had the same problem with bitwig. When I opened the project it said that the plugin (synplant) was missing, so I had to choose synplant through the bitwig browser again... I had synplant 2 install in its default location - which I assume I did for the installation of synplant 1 as well.

• NextDAW

I initally had a Synplant v2 VST3 error (which also caused missing plugin issues when trying to load projects saved with Synplant v1). However, this issue was eventually resolved by completely uninstalling (including Synplant v1) and reinstalling v2. (also removing the Synplant v1 'favourite plugin settings' that were saved in my DAWs 'Plugin database'.

After that, when I rescanned plugins in FL Studio, the DAW was able to combine both VST and VST3 together with no errors.

The backwards compatibility with Synplant v1 is now working for me. i.e. Projects previously saved with Synplant v1 automatically migrate to Synplant v2. It loads in 'v1 compatibility mode' with the friendly option to "Upgrade patch" to v2, or to keep it 'as is' in v1 mode. 👍

• N C

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    - N C wrote:
    Which host would that be? If Synplant 2 is seen and activated by the host, it should replace Synplant v1. It has the same .dll / .vst name and the same identifier code.

Hi Magnus, thanks it's Reason 12 on Windows 10 with Synplant vst 3 in the project.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times with a clean install as well, but it still has the same issue. https://ibb.co/TBV2Ls0

• Paul Brecher

- NextDAW wrote:
    I initally had a Synplant v2 VST3 error (which also caused missing plugin issues when trying to load projects saved with Synplant v1). However, this issue was eventually resolved by completely uninstalling (including Synplant v1) and reinstalling v2. (also removing the Synplant v1 'favourite plugin settings' that were saved in my DAWs 'Plugin database'.
    After that, when I rescanned plugins in FL Studio, the DAW was able to combine both VST and VST3 together with no errors.
    The backwards compatibility with Synplant v1 is now working for me. i.e. Projects previously saved with Synplant v1 automatically migrate to Synplant v2. It loads in 'v1 compatibility mode' with the friendly option to "Upgrade patch" to v2, or to keep it 'as is' in v1 mode. 👍

Hi there, I have the same issue in ableton.did a clean install as mentioned above, but the old synplant plug ins are not showing up

• Chevy Ash

i know this thread is old, but i just recently installed synplant 2 on my FL 21 and its corrupted all of my projects using synplant 1, i have uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. one thing i noticed is that in my plugin database for FL, there is no VST3 version of synplant anymore and i cant figure out why. i'm thinking that this could be the issue but i've looked everywhere and i can't find a solution. the songs i'm working on for this project all use synplant very heavily and i'm hoping to somehow figure something out so i dont lose them :(

• Sybren Dijkstra

- Chevy Ash wrote:
    i know this thread is old, but i just recently installed synplant 2 on my FL 21 and its corrupted all of my projects using synplant 1, i have uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. one thing i noticed is that in my plugin database for FL, there is no VST3 version of synplant anymore and i cant figure out why. i'm thinking that this could be the issue but i've looked everywhere and i can't find a solution. the songs i'm working on for this project all use synplant very heavily and i'm hoping to somehow figure something out so i dont lose them :(

I ran into the same problem, downgrading by reinstalling v1 didn't work. Turns out I was using the wrong installer.

As stated in this therad:
    https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/2781-revert-to-synplant-1

Use the "Sonic Charge Plugins 2022.11.25.zip" installer. With that one I succesfully downgraded Synplant and have my FL21 projects working again.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.