Bitwig workflow?

S. Alter193 views3 posts
  • S. Alter

Hello folks. I'm a bit embarrassed but I'm not sure what's the best workflow for using Microtonic in my daw. Obviously it can generate midi notes which I can then drop into the instrument clip/lane. Or simply record it into the audio clip/lane. But my simple minded thinking is that it should work just like other similar plug ins that's dropped into an instrument clip: I activate it using midi notes and deactivate it using a stop clip command. And doing so while being able to control its parameters in real time using Bitwig remote and automation. But since this is not the case (I press "play" or "stop" within Microtonic) - I'm probably missing the essence of how it could be best used.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Salter.

• Gift Certificate

Microtonic can be used in many ways.

For your use case, you probably want to set the "Pattern MIDI Notes" mode to "Retrigger Gated" in Microtonic's MIDI Config dialog.
    In this mode, a note (C3-B3) triggers a pattern, and Microtonic stops playing on Note Off.

• S. Alter

Thank you. I'll give this a try.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.