Up next: Permut8 and Bitspeek RE

Magnus Lidström4 803 views10 posts
  • Magnus Lidström

In an attempt to make life a bit more exciting we are currently beta testing two new releases simultaneously. One is a VST/AU called Permut8. You can see and hear it on our home page if you manage to solve the puzzle first. We don't give anything for free here at Sonic Charge, not even screenshots or demo tracks :P.

The exact release date is to be decided, but we have a pretty stable beta already so unless something unforeseen happens I would say it will be out this summer.

Project number 2 is an adaptation of Bitspeek for Propellerheads new Rack Extension technology. It adds some minor features compared to the VST/AU. For example it will analyse the stereo image of the source material and then reproduce it with the built-in synthesizer. What excites us the most about this port though, is the routing possibilities you get with Reason. Here is a video of an early prototype that shows a little bit of what you can do:

YouTube Video

Bitspeek RE will be ready when Reason 6.5 is launched this month.

Also, in case you have not seen it, I did a short interview about Rack Extensions with SonicState at Propellerhead's press conference during Musikmesse.

YouTube Video

Exciting times to come for sure!

/ Magnus

• anonymous

Permut8 eh? I'm jealous - sounds like it would make a greAt Rack Extension! ;^p

• Troels Nygaard

Yees! I solved the puzzle haha. It looks sweet. Looking forward to it's release, or if I'm lucky, beta testing :)

• anonymous

Enjoyed the puzzle... what a beauty.

Virtual circuit bending?
    Audio demo sounds absolutely glitch-tastic, I can't wait!

• amp

This will be a day 1 purchase for me just judging by the screenshot. I suck so much at puzzles, so I cheated and just used Firefox's "Save Background As" function :)

Meanwhile I'd like to hear more about what happens when I buy Permut8 VST and it's ported to Reason later on...

• anonymous

I cheated to get the mp3 file :P (very busy atm). Sounds really cool. Looking forward to the release.

• Magnus Lidström

- M-C-S wrote:
    This will be a day 1 purchase for me just judging by the screenshot. I suck so much at puzzles, so I cheated and just used Firefox's "Save Background As" function :)
    Meanwhile I'd like to hear more about what happens when I buy Permut8 VST and it's ported to Reason later on...

We strive to reward loyalty and if it is possible we would like to have crossgrade offers. I'll let you know as soon as we get some more info from Propellerheads.

• anonymous

Permut8 also for reason????

...hope to see more of sonic charge in my reason rack!!

• Magnus Lidström

- Stocker wrote:
    Permut8 also for reason????
    ...hope to see more of sonic charge in my reason rack!!

I actually designed Permut8 with the Rack Extension format in mind. Unfortunately, Propellerhead's had to cut a lot of corners to get Rack Extensions out the door in time, and two important features are missing from the SDK that prevents me to realize Permut8 with full functionality. In other words, Permut8 is currently sitting in the same boat as MicroTonic and Synplant, waiting for Propellerheads to throw a rope so we can pull them to shore.

(Well, of course, Fredrik and I would need to find the time to work like hell on porting these even if Propellerheads did offer us the possibility. So we can't promise anything at this stage.)

• Elan Hickler

So unfair! I've wanted a voice resynthesis effect in VST format like you achieved with the subtractor for a long time! :(

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.