Coming in 2023

Magnus Lidström17 936 views149 posts
Page 1 of 3last
  • Magnus Lidström

Update (21 June): we have uploaded a new teaser video: https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/2278-coming-in-2023?~post11751

Update (24 July): don't miss Cuckoo's in-depth interview with me about the features of Synplant 2: https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/2278-coming-in-2023?page=2&~post12069

YouTube Video

When will it be released?

Later this year (2023). We cannot give a more specific date yet. To get notified about updates, please sign up here: https://soniccharge.com/synplant2

What will it cost?

The Synplant 2 price will be higher than Synplant 1, but the final price has not been decided yet. If you own Synplant 1, you only need to pay the price difference to upgrade.

What is Genopatch?

Genopatch is an AI that generates synth patches out of audio samples. It uses a combination of different machine-learning techniques to create patches that sound similar to the sample you provide. The entire process runs locally on your computer, with no servers involved, using your CPU only. Synplant 2 is our first product to feature this AI.

Can you automate the DNA?

Yes.

Does it have feature X?

Possibly. But our lips are sealed about other features in Synplant 2 for the moment. 🤐

• Wonseok Jang

So excited about this!

• wileryd

Genopatch is about to take over the world!

• Joey Luck

OMG!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!! 😮🤩🌿

• Dead As Disco

God damn excited for this, wow.

• Matthew Wilson

Amazing! Need beta testers? Lol!!

• Ryan Dean

Incredible.. is any of this related to the work that was done on Beatspace?

Would you say it's similar to the stuff done by Flucoma project?

YouTube Video

Or any of their various corpus explorers?

Have to say this is exactly the direction I hoped you would go with Synplant.. the internet will erupt with excitement when this comes out. Just in time to be the standout before NAMM

• Nils-Erik Johansson

Jösses Amalia! 😍

• Barry Jamieson

Will you add midi CC for the DNA parameters? I wanna program with a midi controller as well.

This looks a fantastic upgrade to one of my fav synths ever.

• Ryan Dean

I think he said the DNA will be automatable

• medienhexer

Congratulations, bros!

I‘m looking forward to trying this upgrade. I already have ideas what to try this on.

From the example you showed, though, this would pretty much be perfect for microtonic, wouldn’t it?

Could you show how well this works on longer samples? Would you be able to feed it a legato note played by a violin and get the delayed vibrato or even auto-assign vibrato to the Mod wheel and get anything better than an LFO?

• Ryan Dean

Funny, now I see even 6yrs ago he was showing us Synplant 2

Synplant2.png

YouTube Video
  • Funkspace

Please consider an AUv3 plugin version for iPadOS. I’ve always loved your work, it’s a shame to not see it on the digital nomad‘s tablet platform.

• Beepsonore Beep

Tout excité, je suis trop hate

• thook

I feel like im reading a scripture in pyramid

this forum will be a relic to one of the greatest plugin updates

• Michael Schirmer

This is great! So you can use your OWN samples inside Synplant, do I see it correct? I use Sonic Charge plugins in every single project and Im looking forward to synplant 2! Even Synplant 1 is really nice!

• kouthoofd

Wow! <3

• crawlingwind

This is the best news I’ve had in a while - let’s go!

• gsm909

super news. looks nearly ready to ship from the demo

• gary westwood

Oh, this looks sooo cool!!! Love the every-so-slight variations on the tone of the sample. Awesome. Is there a 'beta' testers, thread?

• Thibault Suarez-Pazos

- Funkspace wrote:
    Please consider an AUv3 plugin version for iPadOS. I’ve always loved your work, it’s a shame to not see it on the digital nomad‘s tablet platform.

This guy wants to pay 4.99$ for an iOS version.

• TORLEY

SUCH BIG SMILES when the layered music arrangement kicked in at the end, with that distinctively outerworldly Synplant sound!

A sequel after all these years in the making — although it's been great v1 has been updated to keep pace for Apple Silicon.

Speaking of, does anyone else here have an Expressive E Osmose and are deeply passionate about MPE?

When the time is right for answers... will Synplant 2 have MPE? Since it's so intrinsically fluid, it would be AMAZING to shape parameters in realtime with the wiggle of curious fingers!

• Maria Voumvaki

looking forward to it !

• Geno Burch

This is super dope! I'm stoked for the update and can't wait for the release! Can I beta test it!???

• Mark Wehrenberg

SO stoked!!! Been waiting for this for YEARS, and now we're in the age of AI products its time has come. If I may submit a feature request -- add capability to randomize the 'effect' params only (or even seed/grow 'effect' only) separately from the underlying synth parameters.

• AbstractCats George

YASSSSS!

• Eichi

finallyyyyyy 🐿🌱🌸

• A. Rou

I'm really looking forward to this feature.

• Hint / Titeknots

Wonderful news

• fran_ky

Great news!

• Marc Martinez

That is amazing! Can’t wait!

• krikor kouchian

This is so nice! Thanks again for the amazing work Magnus.
    Can’t wait to use it 🤗🫠

• Steffen Kläner

great news

• Patrick Hunter

First this announcement and now Soundtoys announcing a full plate reverb plugin? This has been a fantastic couple of weeks for new stuff dropping unexpectedly from my favorite companies.

• Heyuan Huang

Nice!!! I actually attempted to come up with something similar: create preset for a certain synth by listening to audio sample... but got stuck because I know very little about coding software synth (I know stuff about AI tho)

Super glad to see this turned into reality!

• Brenden Ginis

Amazing news. Looks great

• Scott Oram

Magnus, how old is patternarium? Well it has been a few years I'm sure...

Anyway, you were doing AI with that for a good while before it became the buzzword.

As soon as somebody told me what they meant by AI, I recognized it was using some of the same learning algorithms.

I'm a Sonic Charge Fan For Life...

• Scott Oram

Oh, and Wow what a sound and fluid interface! Can't wait to find out more

• Thierry PAYET

NEEEED ! 🔥🔥🔥

• Lukas Wagenhäuser

This is getting real good I expect - I almost would say I know - but I‘m unfortunately not signed to up for the beta 😢

• Peter Tinsley

Take my money!

• C.A.P.

i love plants, heil vegan xD - nah* SP2 looks pretty well with that "genopatch"...can't wait get my hands on it...other features? OTHER FEATURES? =)

• TORLEY

- Scott Oram wrote:
    Magnus, how old is patternarium? Well it has been a few years I'm sure...

Patternarium was announced on Sun, Jun 6, 2010.

And the world was never the same since.

• Magnus Lidström

We have just uploaded a new video, giving you a closer look at what's coming in Synplant 2:

YouTube Video

Apart from the Genopatch technology we already teased earlier this year, Synplant 2 will also feature a vastly improved synth engine, a new DNA editor, alternative ways to trigger branches, tempo synchronization, automatable genes, and much more.

Synplant 2 is now in its beta-testing phase. If you're interested in helping us iron out the bugs and enhance its performance, we invite you to apply at https://soniccharge.com/betareg. While we can't guarantee that you will be approved, we will consider each application as we expand our team of testers.

• AAV

Looks luvvvvvvly Magnus! Can’t wait!

• Error Eyes

Synplant 2 is now in its beta-testing phase. If you're interested in helping us iron out the bugs and enhance its performance, we invite you to apply at https://soniccharge.com/betareg. While we can't guarantee that you will be approved, we will consider each application as we expand our team of testers.

I can't get past the beta test information. I keep getting yelled at for not reading the text even though I swear I did, mother!!!!

• Chevy Ash

i CANNOT wait for this oh my god

• Soundtemple

Synplant 2 is our first product to feature this AI

I’m now imagining Microtonic 2 with genopatch - wow!

I just want to say how much joy I’ve had from sonic charge products over the years and am very excited to get my hands on Synplant 2.

• AbstractCats George

- Soundtemple wrote:
    Synplant 2 is our first product to feature this AI
    I’m now imagining Microtonic 2 with genopatch - wow!

+1

• dBridge

Is beta testing closed? link not having none of it

• Tom Avatars

So great! This would be amazing for game audio and quick iterations of sounds! Submitted the beta form!

• Marc Martinez

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    Apart from the Genopatch technology we already teased earlier this year, Synplant 2 will also feature a vastly improved synth engine, a new DNA editor, alternative ways to trigger branches, tempo synchronization, automatable genes, and much more.

Question on genopatch, can it only process monophonic samples? Or can it process chords?

• Dead As Disco

So damn keen!

• Lennart Verhoeff

- Marc Martinez wrote:
    - Magnus Lidström wrote:
    Question on genopatch, can it only process monophonic samples? Or can it process chords?

You can throw everything at it and it wlll give its best shot. I've tried field recordings, vocals, chords, harmonized vocals, mono synths, percussion and got some really cool results with all of them :)

• Eichi

amazing !!!!

• NextDAW

Can you also allow users to drag and drop .wav files directly onto the Genopatch panel (rather than having to use its internal file browser?) That would really help many users' workflows and productivity, so that users will be able to quickly drag audio files from our DAW's browser and other audio editors directly onto the Synplant2/Genopatch UI.

• Jmob

*Update: I'm an idiot.

on the beta sign up I can't get past the button. It keeps telling me I have not read the post.

• gentleclockdivider gentleclockdivider

So I assume beta testing is closed ?

1.jpg
Page 1 of 3last

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.