Cyclone save samples , disk write protected

gentleclockdivider gentleclockdivider89 views3 posts
  • gentleclockdivider gentleclockdivider

I normally always the peformance as an fxp* since it's faster to load etc ..
    But I wanted to try to save the samples in native format and cyclone gives a disk write protected message
    I assume that is because the defaut floppy is loaded .
    By default cyclone is always loaed with the demo disk , so I tried to create an empty image file using the online floppy bake tool but it doesn't allow the creation of empty disk images .

1.jpg

So simple question , how does one save samples and performances in native fomat ?
    Here's an fxp file containing the performance and some samples , if anyone is able to save the sample in native-compressed format he she gets a virtual beer
    cz.7z(551kB, 239 downloads)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

THere is def.something strange going one .
    If you just load cyclone , we can load the samples from the disk ( be it from wave edit+ utility load , or voice edit+utility load ) as expected .
    Now , if we go to system setup+utitly and press 5 we can format the floppy ,

1.jpg

it will then say that existed info will be erased .

2.jpg

Press execute and again the disk write protection message appears

4.jpg

, but the samples on the demo disk are effectively deleted becasue they can't be loaded anymore .

3.jpg

So even it previously said " disk protected" , it did erase the image .

I found it out
    I just created an empty floppy image ,(at least one sample needs to be inserted in the disk bakker) .
    Then when typhoon os is loaded you can insert your floppy and save your samples on that new disk image

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.