Microtonic Scripts SDK

Magnus Lidström750 views4 posts
  • Magnus Lidström

Hi hackers. I finally compiled all the documentation and tools necessary for creating Microtonic scripts and put it up on github: https://github.com/malstrom72/microtonic-scripts-sdk

Beware, it's a pretty convoluted and massive framework that I've been chiseling on for many years. If I could do it all over again, I would simplify things, but that's what everyone says, right? 😉

If you are interested in making scripts for Microtonic, obviously, the best way to get started would not be to create something from scratch but rather to understand and copy one of the scripts we have already published and use that as a starting point. Heck, that's even how I do it myself. 😀

To be honest, I don't know if anyone except my brother and me will have much use for all of this, but it was good exercise anyhow.

Let me hear your thoughts.

• philter

for me with very little programming background it is not that easy to understand the sccript language....i tried to understand it by studying some of the default scripts, and by modifying and testing some of them. when i see the huge bandwidth of possibilities the default scripts allready offer, then there is A LOT of potential in my opinion

• Jason Bunting

I'm grateful for you doing this work and hope to make something soon, I have some ideas and was hacking away using "for(var p in obj)...display(typeof obj[p])" type loops to try to discover the available API, but this is much nicer. :)

• Jason Bunting

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    Let me hear your thoughts.

I was hoping to initiate the underlying action performed by the "Export Pattern to Audio file..." menu option, is that at all possible? If so, where is such programmability documented? (crossing fingers I can do this programmatically with a script)...

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.