Randomize button hacks for Permut8 and Echobode 2022

Fredrik Lidström552 views9 posts
  • Fredrik Lidström

My old randomize button hacks for Permut8 and Echobode seem to live on in people's minds. It was presented as a tongue-in-cheek solution to a user request, a DIY kit consisting of a push button and wires to solder it to the circuit board inside Permut8 or Echobode.

Unfortunately, it was a very dirty hack, and it breaks in almost every update we make to the products. By popular demand, here's an updated version that works on the 2022 releases of Echobode 1.2 and Permut8 1.2.3.

RandomButton-kit 2022.zip(204kB, 419 downloads)

To install the buttons place the Permut8 Resources v1.2.3 and Echobode V1.2 Resources folders in the same directory as the plugin file.

On Mac this would be:

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Sonic Charge (for VST3)
    /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Sonic Charge (for VST)
    /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components (for AU)

On Windows it depends on where you choose to install the VSTs during installation but it would typically be something like:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Sonic Charge (for VST3)
    C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns\Sonic Charge (for VST)

After installation the buttons should show up like this:

2022-12-10_11h18_58.png
    2022-12-10_11h18_44.png
  • Daniel Catron

Thanks Fredrik, that little red button is a blast (especially in Permut8 but I mostly use it in Echobode).

• Andrew Atkinson

Thank you for keeping this alive Fredrik :)

• e@rs

These random buttons are very handy. Thanx a lot for the update!

• Aesthete

Can't wait to try this

• Dumbo

Thank you Fredrik, I already missed that little red button and I am very happy, that it is back again!

• Aesthete

Works great! Just did 15 random presets for beats. Is folder placement the same (mac) for the Euclidean Beats random button add on in uTonic ? Merci

• Russell N

Thanks, Why not just build it into the plugs

• AAV

- Russell N wrote:
    Thanks, Why not just build it into the plugs

Where's the fun in that?

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.