Lemur iPad midi control update version of Microtonic

Markus Zorn2 487 views5 posts
  • Markus Zorn

Hi,

I just uploaded a updated/remake version of the existing Lemur template for the iPad made by chris michaels at liine.

This is "just" a midi control for the awesome Microtonic, not an app (which we don´t need anyway...) :lol:
    I had lots of fun with it and thought sharing is nice. ;)

http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/244/

Enjoy
    mism

P.S.
    Dear administrator,
    maybe this should go in a different topic, sorry if so. Feel free to move it somewhere else.

• Soundtemple

I love uTonic and this template is great. Would be even greater if we could get uTonic to send midi back to update the template.

Eg: When a new pad/ patch is selected.

Is this a feasible inclusion for uTonic in the future?

• Markus Zorn

- rishi wrote:
    I love uTonic and this template is great. Would be even greater if we could get uTonic to send midi back to update the template.
    Eg: When a new pad/ patch is selected.
    Is this a feasible inclusion for uTonic in the future?

Thanks richi, glad you like the remake.
    It is possible to generate feedback, but unfortunately "only" the pads at the bottom get sequence info. Not sure, but I think a general feedback where all faders and knobs get updated in their postition is not possible.
    I don´t know which DAW you use, in Ableton I create an extra midi track and choose midi in "from microtonic" and midi out "to the lemur daemon 0". You might want to
    set this midi channel in Lemur daemon first if you haven´t done so yet. The bottom row pads 1-8 should be flashing according to the sequence data of those sounds.
    I hope this helps.

• Soundtemple

Thanks. Sorry for the double post on two forums. I guess I posted here as at first I thought it might have been a limitation of uTonic.

However, now I see playing around that you can get feedback if parameters are mapped to the configure section of the plugin, moving the parameter on the GUI will update the controller (ipad or other).. There are of course limitations to this.. just trying to work out whats gonna be a best fit for me.. Cheers and thanks again

• keagoaki

Hey I need your help :) Im sending midi notes to microtonic from a external sequencer.
    and I want to control it with this patch of lemur :)

but my problem is that i can´t select the other drum channels :(

because I´m sending midi notes from this sequencer , and if I turn on the button (select channel with midi)
    the drums channels buttons starts to change with the sequence and i cant control properly the microtonic controllers. :(

I make a remake of this lemur patch sending different midi channels on different lemur tabs
    but there are not enough midi cc number only 127 are supported per channel and microtonic needs more than 200 to control all knobs in separately midi cc
    so i tried to send different drum channel in different midi channels.
    but microtonic not differences midi channels.
    :(
    im missing something ?
    is there any alternative to select drum channels of microtonic and send triggered notes separately?
    Any ideas?

Thanks
    im still looking for this solution ;)

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.