Microtonic stems in one click?

Coolout520 views7 posts
  • Coolout

Is there an easy way to make stems out of a pattern (for transfers to other devices)? I guess I'm looking for an easier way to save the pattern as separate loops...rather than having to solo each sound and make 8 separate WAVs one-by-one. Perhaps a script or addition to the menu where it give an option to "Export Pattern as Stems" instead of just one audio file.

I could probably use multi-output and record it into a DAW, but then I'd have to record, trim, and export the audio by hand instead of doing a simple one or two clicks from inside the plugin. If this has already been figured out, someone please correct me. I have at least 50 patterns that I want to transfer to my hardware samplers and that is going to take forever.

• Hack Snake

I think mabye u can try record it as multi. But one key stems is really usefull to remake the sample in other way, just like the "XLN XO".

• Allan Zieser

I just put each of the eight sounds on every other beat, export the audio file and autodetect the transits on my hardware.

• Sarwankumar Dwarka

I would love to have this option too. Exporting stems one by one is a flow killer.

• larserik

For me the easiest way is to use the multi output version of Microtonic in Cubase 12 Pro. You set the stem lenght in bars by assigning an midi event to target Microtonic and then you choose "render in place" to get 8 stems within seconds.

Can't help thinking this is a quite basic feature in other applications, like Ableton, Logic and what not.

• Sarwankumar Dwarka

- larserik wrote:
    For me the easiest way is to use the multi output version of Microtonic in Cubase 12 Pro. You set the stem lenght in bars by assigning an midi event to target Microtonic and then you choose "render in place" to get 8 stems within seconds.
    Can't help thinking this is a quite basic feature in other applications, like Ableton, Logic and what not.

I like to use microtonic standalone (mac version), I use it as a little groovebox.
    I mostly use hardware samplers, I try to avoid using the DAW as much as possible.
    I just want to be spoiled I guess :)

• larserik

- Sarwankumar Dwarka wrote:
    - larserik wrote:
    I like to use microtonic standalone (mac version), I use it as a little groovebox.
    I mostly use hardware samplers, I try to avoid using the DAW as much as possible.
    I just want to be spoiled I guess :)

Nothing wrong with requesting features, I was merely sharing how I solve making stems using Cubase but I see now how I might have come across like something else. Sorry about that.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.