Suggestion: MIDI Config Save with Preset

Joseph Drushal63 views1 post
  • Joseph Drushal

Hi, first post here but long time user of Microtonic!

I just recently ran into an issue where I lost all my MIDI mappings in Microtonic and spent hours recreating them. I have a fairly complex live e-drum setup with multiple instances of the plugin running in a single project with MIDI cc's and keys mapped to nearly everything x8 instances. I saved all my presets and patches, then when I went to load these into a new plugin host, NONE of the MIDI was preserved. Apparently MIDI CC/Key mappings do not save with presets, and I was dumbfounded to find this out the hard way.

Much later I discovered that these mappings are only truly saved by going into the MIDI Config settings menu and saving a config file to then load separately from the preset.

May I suggest for future updates to have MIDI config save WITH each preset rather than requiring a separate config file? OR at least create an option in preferences for this?

Hopefully this helps someone who might've experienced what I just did.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.